Peritoneal Cancer and trapped wind

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with PC 14 months ago.  For just over a month I have been really suffering with trapped wind: severe pain and nausea. I have some little exercises I can do to help, also over the counter tablets which I dont find all that helpful. Sometimes the exercises dont seem to work either.  I am becoming quite depressed, finding it dificult to eat or even think about food. I drink peppermint tea also camomile and spearmint but not sure whether they help or not. Any further ideas?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear about this.   So miserable when you can't or drink much.  I suffer with occasional nausea and find that any drink with ginger in it helps.  Also chew on chrystalised ginger if you can.    Try to eat and drink little and often, if only a small portion, as being empty can make nausea worse..  Hope this helps and keep us posted.  Can I just ask (as I have never heard of peritoneal cancer before, where do you get your pain ?
    • Posted

Peritoneal cancer is on the lining of the abdomen. Cells are identical to that of ovarion cancer so is treated in the same way. Pain occurs in different places but mainly round the colon. Thanks for your help.
  • Posted

So sorry to hear about this. How were you diagnosed? I have not heard of this either. I know what you mean by trapped gas, have not gound a way to help this. What have you tried for this. What is your treatment 
    • Posted

Was eventually diagnosed by guided biopsy. Presenting symptom was a stricture in sigmoid. Exercises help me to release gas but they are time consuming. I take peppermint oil capsules, not sure whether effective or not. Topical remedies can make me sick.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.