Permanent symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with reactive arthritis 5 years ago due to a chlamydial infection and have come to accept the pain in my joints. But the one thing that never went away and really bothers me is the ulcers on my penis. They don't hurt but that look so bad and create a bad odor. Is there any way at all to manage this? There is no information anywhere. Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    I have never heard of this! See a specialist!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi Scott, thank you for sharing. You may want a healing salve to apply on your penis and your scrotum. Although you took the medication, dead cells are PH. Ivy Sagarius
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    What I did find out for sure is that it's called Balanitis Circinata, and that there are indeed treatments for it. My doctor seems stubborn enough to not want to look into it much further though. There's not a whole lot of information on the Internet about treatments for this exact condition but if anyone knows of anything more definitive, I'd love to take something back to my doctor to see if she might make more of an effort.

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up