permanent uncircumcised foreskin retraction

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Everybody,

I have a foreskin related issue and question.

I am NOT circumcised and I have no need for one. Everything is fine actually. 95% fine.

My issue is, my foreskin, even though it perfectly fits all around my tip, is constantly retracted ever since I hit puberty (I am 36 now). My guess is, I started keeping it retracted as an adolescent and now my tip is already "dried up" and desensitized. I would like to experiment keeping my tip covered and maybe "resensitize" my glans. When I'm fully flaccid it's no problem to pull it forward and keep it that way for a while, but as soon as it retracts, let's say because of an erection, but sometimes even just by itself, it won't come back forth by itself. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to keep it covered without sticking my hand in my pants every so often?

I asked a urologist once, but he wouldn't even understand why I would want to do that. All he to suggest was to give a circumcision - which I have no interest in.

Any one?

Thank you.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

In your position I would research stretching methods. Your doctor could prescribe corticosteroids to assist. 
    • Posted

mhmmm.. stretching methods.. I will google it. Thanks
    • Posted

when searching for foreskin stretching I only found stuff to treat phimosis, which is not my problem at all. It is not to tight...
    • Posted

It may not be too tight in one way, but if it isn't moving back over your glans without your intervention, I'd say it needs to be looser, and stretching would surely help.

• Posted

As I said to the other guy, there's never any feeling of it being too tight. It just seems to roll back naturally. for no particular reason.

• Posted

Hi David. Would you consider your foreskin both short and loose/wide? As mine is a little short and wide, I can see what you're talking about, although mine covers 2/3 of the glans most of the time and now and then peels back inside my jeans of no reason. Don't you think that stretching could make your foreskin even worse? I would be careful about adding cream which might contribute to make it even wider. I didn't manage to stretch mine to get any longer in the past even if I tried. I'm not sure if it's possible to get surgery to make it more narrow? I guess I used cream for tight foreskin when I was a kid and the result was the oposite, which may be just as annoying really. Probably masturbation and sex just made it even more so. Haha. Lots of guys stress about their tight foreskins without being aware that having a little bit tight skin is a good thing as it will get less tight by time. It's like a curtain that gets tired and worn out over the years... Let me know what you do and how it turns out 😊

• Posted

Hey Man, thanks for the reply.

yeah, short and loose, that seems to describe it. there's no pain ever from it being too tight or whatever, but it can actually tighten up, you know in those awful super shrinky cold water/weather situations. When I happen to pull my foreskin over the tip in those situations it wraps my penis fully. It s simply that it would never roll forth by itself. It's natural state seems to be rolled back. But I'm not circumcised, so I wonder if there's a way to "train it" to have my glans covered as our body intended it. 

Will keep you posted if I find out anything.

• Posted

Hi David, uhm - tricky issue!  I have been dealing with a foreskin that was too tight ALL my adult life, and due to a chronic skin condition, I still stretch it almost everyday.  I had Phimosis @ 15 / 16 YOA and could only expose the barest small part of my glans.  Your case could be something like your foreskin not naturally being long enough?

Interesting comment on the urologist!  Just goes to show: i.) how little medical professionals truly understand what patients are explaining; and, ii.) there is a fundamental overwhelming tendency for medical professionals to recommend surgery, even when there is no desire for such by the patient, or medical requirement for surgery!!!

So, what to do?  As Pepasan suggests, that natural solution I also would try is to add length to your foreskin so that it naturally falls-forward of the tip of your glans, every time.

Whatever you do, your FUNDAMENTAL to bare in mind is that if do take deliberate actions, your foreskin may never be the same as it is now, and, you may achieve something that you like even less than what you have now!

However, from my stand-point of deliberately having stretched my foreskin for 40+ years is that the beneficial effects outweigh any negative side-effects - unless wreckless, or dangerous levels of pressure are applied to any part of the skin (and internals) of the penis (and yes, I have been there too!).

If you decide to try stretching there are 2 I would suggest:  i.) draw the foreskin as far forward as it will comfortably go, hold for a few seconds and release; and, ii.) draw the entire skin of the shaft of the penis towards the base of penis (towards your body) - UNSURE you feel the stretch ONLY in your foreskin, NEVER apply excessive pressure on the glans as you can potentially rip the foreskin with excessive force!  Unless you try this when you are intoxicated, you will naturally develop a sense of when you are applying too much pressure.

As with any bodily excercise, start with gentle exploratory stretches, once you feel comfortable with what you are doing, add more repetitions, extend the amount of time you are holding the stretch, and multiply the sets of stretches you are doing per-day.  ALWAYS, have at least one day stretch, one day none.  The best time to do them is after/during a warm shower.

The dryness of the glans may simply be caused by too much exposure to soaps, gels, hair shampoo etc - while you are showering.  Each time you shower, draw the foreskin as far forward as it will go - AND only ever wash the exposed glans / foreskin with WATER only.

Good Luck ....

• Posted

Hey man,

Thanks for taking the time and making the effort. I appreciate it.

Surprisingly, I think I found a way, at least for now, that doesn't necessarily involve any tugging and stretching. I've been wearing loose boxer shorts my whole life, so for now, I have switched to tight underpants where my penis is snug and cosy and not subject to gravity. for now, the foreskin only rolls back at the onset of erection or ...when I'm "letting hang".

don't know if that method can help anyone else, but it's working for right now.

• Posted

That's great - surprising how fixes can be accidentally found by doing something out of the ordinary.  Watch out for signs that your testicles are starting to complain about being too-tightly 'uncased'.

I have this at the moment - and unlike the Goldilocks analogy, I cannot find the ones that are 'just-right!'

I had been using H & M undershorts for many years, then thought I need to update.  Unfortunately, rather than reminding myself that I found the XS size too small, and the Small the better option - I bought some XS again.  Not a good move!  Now, I simply cannot find the ones that give just the right balance between support, and not too much constriction ...

Anyways, hopefully your solution will provide lasting comfort and the fix you were seeking!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.