Permathin has been fairly useless for scabies

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have tried all sorts of things including clove oil and teatree. I Have just ordered and received Spregal Spray from a French online chemist. This is the front line med for this condition in France so hopefully it should be well tested. This is a spray and is only meant to be used once. This means no seven day follow up..now that alone will be a blessing. The delivery came within 4 days. It was expensive 19 euros, however Lyclear it over £10.00 and I have spent I do not know how much on those. The Earthclinic forum is a good resource for anyone suffering this ailment, take care though on home remedies as some look fairly lethal.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

hello sky

sorry to hear you had scabies...how are you now?

i ask as i wonder if you picked it up from a pet? i have had to use a lot of chemicals when treating my daughters two new kittens....the house kept getting infested with fleas and it was a nightmare. At the same time I was treating ragwort with chemicals to protect my horses from this weed which can be fatal to them if ingested and was also treating valerian growing into the stone walls around my garden ...threatening them with collapse as the roots bury themselves in these lovely old walls. So I was blasted with chemicals...was developing Hypothyroidism and suddenly developed LS at this time when also my mother died. I feel the chemicals may have been the factor. What about you? I wished you luck on The LS section.....Do you have any theories about how you developed LS and might it have had something to do with chemicals in your case perhaps too?

• Posted

Hi Marey. It was not scabies I don't think. In fact I will never in my life know what that was. All I know is it was deeply unpleasant. However months later I came down with a deranged liver out of the blue..no I don't drink or do drugs...then weeks later got a very strange rash all over which no-one knew what it was..and then..nothing else happened. However, there is some evidence that I may have a skin complaint which is unpronouncable..begins with an R..only thing is it needs to come up and be biopsied..and its not playing ball. Hope its gone..
    • Posted

Forgot to say, I was put on amatriptaline many years ago for pain control. A few weeks ago I reviewed the directions in the packet...contra-indications..itching and liver disease...nice one...so I came of them very quickly..and my skin..bar the vulval affliction has improved...so can it be these were the cause..mystery
    • Posted

I lived in the USA for years..about 10 miles from the covina dump..residents believed agant orange was dumped there. The houses around it are abandoned(they are beautifu too) and the water supply polluted..yes chemicals could have played a part..depends if there is a high incidence rate of LS around covina CA..
    • Posted

pheuuuf !

well thank goodness you're home now. sounds terrifying!! But then we've all has so much chemical exposure. anyway it sounds as if you're making a good job of cleansing and purifying another woman also known as sky (willow) co-incidentally, has cured herself of LS. there are at least a couple of others also that i personally know of who have also succeeded so its worth all the effort at researching and trying. i wish you luck again with the fast and will follow you!

love marey x

• Posted

were you depressed as well? amytrptylin is often prescribed for that....irresponsibly in my opinion...but we all need help and support. how are you feeling now in your self? hopefully cheered up by the positive feed back that you're getting here?!!
    • Posted

Hi Marey. No the amatriptaline was prescibed at 10mils for pain control for lichen. Somewhere along the line it got put up to 20mils. I had 2 years of hell with my skin all over, then I got a deranged liver with no cause to be found..I still itched and had bumps under my skin for a couple of months before breaking out in a rash all over my torso..and then the itching stopped and did not come back. I read the leaflet in the med box and it can cause liver problems, itching and crawling feelings..so I came off it. The support of here is genius..more than I ever expected.
    • Posted

so somewhere in the course of amytrip..  you stopped itching...? Then you came off it?

How are you now?

• Posted

Not itching since I came off it. In other words I suspect it had a lot to do with what went wrong with my skin and liver..never again..

.however have dropped at least a stone in weight which is a bit worrying

• Posted

Hi MArey. I am glad your here..I hope I can succeed..or simply alter things so my life is close to normal..X

• Posted

oh thank you sky....i don't know why but your reply has really warmed my heart....so i've been able to shed a tear...long held back.

thank you for your appreciation. i appreciate you too!

love marey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

sorry about your weight loss....i take it that was too much? what are you now ...in uk stones if you can.
    • Posted

about 9 stone now..and it does not look pretty...too old...bits go sort of saggy...back to the gym I suppose..anyhow.tears can be healthy, I have not been able to shed them for years..Somehow there will be a way...I am focused...and will stay so..all these minds and hearts on here..a lot of grief but a lot of intelligence too...Anyhow found out a few facts on another procedure which I will be checking out..especially the cost..likely too much...
    • Posted

well you don't have to look pretty....i am sure your inner beauty shines through. it does in your kind words. kindness is a gift !

oh i can help you to shed some tears sky.

i am going to take your hint as an invitation....so here goes sky. please try this.

think of somebody or a pet you have lost.  please get back to me with the name of that person or creature if you would like to do this exercise. you can leave it til tomo now as its late and i'm breaking my own new rule about early nights!!

love marey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

you simply think of the pet and say 'goodbye' out loud. its so simple but really helps especially when you know others are thinking of you! xxxxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.