Pernaton Gel

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have been searching through all posts ( I am in several groups) to find my post which was answered by a kind lady who recommended Pernaton gel for arthritis pain.  Sorry cannot remember who you are as can't find the post.  It is just to say thankyou.  I have stopped using the ibuprofen gel and have tried Pernaton.  I like the cooling effect and it seems much the same as ibuprofen gel with regard to pain relieve.  I realise it is not the complete answer as I have bad arthritis knees (still waiting for hospital appoinment despite chasing it up).  I do feels it helps.  My husband who has hip arthritis had a pain in his knee the other day.  I told him to rub some pernaton in and the pain went very quickly.  So I would say worth a try if you pain is bad, and if you have mild or infrequent pain and can't or do want to take pain killers then give it a try.  It is around £10 for a 250ml tube (there is a smaller one).  I started with a couple of sample sachets from Amazon which cost me around £1.50.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi

It might have been me but I cant remember  LOL

I've been using it for a long time now. I take Naproxen {anti inflammatory} so cant use anything like Ibroprufon  with an anti inflammatory in it so had to look for something without it.

I found it excellent.....and it has a reasonable smellbiggrin Not like deep heat....I wouldnt put that on and go out  LOL

Hope it keeps working for you

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Hi Eileen,  If it was you that recommended the Pernaton then thanks  If any one else is reading and it was you then,  thank you as well.

Update on knees, still waiting for appointment at the hospital.  I was told last week cannot book an appointment as the dates are released in batches, and they would get in touch.  Received a letter Friday asking me to phone to make an appointment, and was told first app for 21st October, but cannot book it as it is too far ahead so once again I have wait to be contacted.  My husband who has been waiting 3 months for referral to ENT has been given the same run around. What is happening to the NHS, well my local NHS anyway.  Have had a moan.  My knees are not too bad at the moment, have had an awful month stayed in for 3 weeks.  Went out for the first time yesterday.

This is because I firstly hurt my back helping my husband put up bunk beds for grandchildren.  Then I hurt my back again bending over and could not walk properly for a few days. To crown it all I then twisted my bad knee getting into the car.  This was the worst pain of all. I was taking ibuprofen gel 3 times a day and paracetamol 4 times aday. Now down to paracetamol twice a day plus pernaton when needed.

The gp did give naproxen to be used only if pain was very severe. It

was but I was scared to use because of past problems with NSAIDS.

I wish you well and will report on how I get on if I ever get an appointment.  Nice lottery win and then I could go private.  Against my principles really but if you are in Pain.  All the best Cartol

• Posted

Hi Carol

If it was me who recommended it I'm so pleased its working because it works for me. It doesnt take the pain away.....dont think anything does {completely} I call them pain dullers not pain killers biggrin

Anyone else reading this if it was you sorry not meaning to pinch your glorywink If it wasnt and you think it might help go ahead and try....I got it from Amazon. I've had numerous tubes of it now.

It's awful waiting for appointments and things isnt it? The fracture in my hip...I saw the consultant ion June and He said I'll see you in 6 monthseek Thats Christmaseek Still havent heard any more from him and the pain is getting worse.

I'm so sorry to hear about your back.....I have scoliosis and arthritis in my lower spine and when the back pain hits it really hits so I can sympathise with you

I dont think thee is a lot of difference in Ibroprufon and Naproxen {maybe strength} they are both NSAIDs

Dont forget.......ask your doctor for a stomach protector if you are taking NSAID's like Omneprozol or Lansoprozol {sp????}

As you say......A win on the lottery would be wonderful )cheesygrin

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Thanks Eileen, Yes I know about omeprozole as a stomach protector as my husband takes it with ibuprofen for his hip.  My gp is always good at prescribing these when taking anti inflammatories.  She gave me some with the naproxen.  The arthritis is also in my neck and spine according to my gp it is all the way down the spinal column in places.  So it causes low back pain and odd pains in the muscles too.  I really do need to lose some weight.  I know I can do it as I lost 2 stones around 6 years ago and of course put most of it back on.  As you say the pernaton just dulls the pain but it is good I think as it's free from side effects.  Hope you get your appointment through soon.

Take care

Carol

• Posted

Hi Carol

My previous doctor was useless...anything to get rid of you and out of thge surgery. If I hadnt heard on aother forum about it I would have let him go on giving me anti inflammatories without itfrown

I've got it in my neck as well.....lower spine and kypho scoliosis also in an ankle that a car reversed over {5 years ago} had now eventually got OA!!!!

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Hi libralady,

Glad you have found something to relieve the pain in your knees.Mine are just beginning to ache and winge. Have you tried a tens machine? It did nothing for my arthitic hip but I found it works on my knees.

Jean

• Posted

Hi Jean,  I have heard of a tens machine but I don't know anything about them.  I will certainly consider it if the pain gets worse again. Just fed up with not getting a date for the consultant.

Best wishes Carol

• Posted

Hi, I bought my tens machine online from Lloyds, just a basic one which cost about £10 I think. If you say you have arthritis they don't charge you the VAT! If your GP or physio is helpful they may have one you can borrow to see if it works for you?

Your problems with getting an appointment are awful - whatever happened to Choose and Book? It sounds as bad as getting a GP appointment.

Hope you don't have to wait too long.

Jean

• Posted

Hi Jean This was choose and book I think.  This is what happened got referred by GP, hadn't heard after 4 weeks so checked with surgery they said they would get back to me which was odd usually say referral has been sent on such and such a date.  Two days later I received a letter from the surgery saying I had been referred and to phone number for an

appointment giving number and password.  When I phoned they said that the hospital had not released any dates so could not book anything and that I should hear with 10 days if not go back to GP.  On Friday I received a letter saying they had the referral and please call another number to book a date.  When I got through they said this letter was as a result of my call a few days before.  They said the first available date was October 21st although it was a long way off I was just about to say yes I will take that when they told me they could not book it because it was too far away and once again was told they would be in touch.  My husband has had the same run around for ENT with the added nuisance that they sent him to the wrong department and he had to start again.

They said he would be sent an urgent appointment.  What on earth is going on.  I have never had all this when being referred to a hospital.

You are right it is as bad as getting a GP appointment.  It seems the left hand does not know what the right had is doing.  Oh well will have to wait but will be back on to GP if nothing comes through in the next 2 weeks.  Thanks for info about Tens machine I do have an app ha ha

with GP next week she is very good it is just the system that is awful.

I will ask her about it.  All the best Thanks again

Carol

• Posted

Nightmare, isn't it? our poor NHS, I know the hospitals are under pressure but not even to be able to make an appointment weeks away?

Glad you have good GP, that helps enormously I think.

Take care

Jean

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.