Peroneal Tendon Reconstruction Surgery

Posted , 6 users are following.

I just had peroneal tendon reconstructive surgery Tuesday. So far the pain has been minimal (thanks to nerve block) and the only thing bothering me is the boredom. One recommendation to pass the time was to start a blog to see if anyone else just went through this or has recently. Long road to recovery!!!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Edited

Hi Joshua,

I had that done also. Not to fun. Yes, bordom set in pretty darn fast! Very long recovery. Some days I can still feel it daily!The nerve block was great until it wore off and then it hurt pretty bad!!

I got myself a wedge from Amazon to elevate my leg. Loved that. I also got the shower sleeve... life saver!

I still say to this day that the surgery was the easy part. Wrapped and stitched for 2 weeks, hard cast for 3 weeks and then another one for a couple more. Boot and full wieght bearing.

They say six week recovery to 12 but more like forever! lol

Best of luck to you! ******

• Posted

well this doesnt give me hope lol. i was curious if i wore the same cast after splint or if they remove it half way through. my nerve block wore off the second day in middle of the night and i just took a pain med and it went away. ive felt a little discomfort since but not a lot of pain! starting to play a little xbox to pass the time

• Posted

Sorry about not giving you hope! LOLIts tough some days when your just walking along and that reminder of pain creeps back in!

Play x-box!

Write!

Start your journal when you were injured. I'm assuming you were injured some who.

And then go from there.

Everyone has a story...... 😃

• Edited

just started writing a little bit and im liking it so that will continue. too soon for Xbox...made me feel weird. im just glad im on road to recovery. taking it one day at a time

• Edited

I had this done August 7th. I did really well. I had more pain before the surgery than after. just get lots of rest so you can heal. I only had a "cast" for the 2 weeks after surgery. then I had it wrapped and non weight baring with a boot. Get a scooter. much easier than crutches.

• Posted

weird cause my doc said 6 weeks in cast after splint than boot. finally got out of house today for a bit. hopefully days go by faster when i return to work and get back in a routine

• Posted

How long were you non weight bearing and how long in total were you in cast/boot thanks

• Posted

I just had the surgery on the 3rd so I am still in the splint till the 19th. Thats my next check up with Doc and I will transition to a cast. He told me 8 weeks of no weight bearing but im not sure if thats from the day of surgery or from when i see him on 19th. I do know that i will be in a walking boot after the cast. I will update you after my next appointment

• Posted

Start a journal

Its cathartic!!!

Good luck with your recovery

Its very boring hanging around and worse part is how difficult it is just to go to the bathroom

• Posted

Im actually getting a method to the madness of going to bathroom. Showering is something ill have to work on.....thats a pain in the butt. I was thinking of starting a journal but dont know where to start lol

• Posted

Recovering from metal removal surgery. This has been the longest year of my life. I use a Drypro Water proof Vacuum Sealed Half Cast Cover. Not a drop of water gets in. Good Luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.