Peroneal tendonitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

i hurt my ankle around two months ago and i got an mri and they said that i have tendonitis in my ankle and im wondering if i am going to have to need surgery?  it has been two months and it is still swollen after being on crutches for two weeks and in a boot the rest of the time. it is worrying me cuz i havent done any exercising and have been resting it like crazy and there is still pain and swollen. i did trying the other day tho to lighly job on it (pretty much a fast walk) and it was like extremly sharp pains in the tendon and my arch started to burn really bad. i read that they usally tell you to wiat 6 months and if it still hurts then the surgery will be needed but sense im a college athlete i couldnt wait that long to know sense that would be another season i would be out. it also feels really weak i had to have my ankle taped like crazy and put a brace on just to be able to jog lightly on it. I have rolled my ankle alot! i do it probably twice or three times a season but i am always able to go back to playing in like two days with taping and putting a brace on but i am not able todo it this time. I already made an appointment to have to checked out by another doctor but im just seeing if they would make me have surgery on it.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have extensive ankle problems which I think caused plantar fasciitis. If it's just tendinitis, have you seen a podiatrist? The reason why I ask questions, I've rolled my ankle twice within 7 years, both times left my foot incredibly swollen for months and left me with a slight limp. Finally about three months back the pain was so intense, went in to the podiatrist almost once a week or every other. Sleep with a night splint, had a pain shot, anti inflammatories, and currently use a walking boot. Had an MRI about two weeks ago and now I have to have surgery. Be deligent, I am 31 and can't run because of my weak ankle, don't wait to fix it like I did. I have torn ligaments, tendons, scar tissue and I'm missing a groove in my fibula. If it's not serious, there are treatment options other than surgery. Easy things like rest, exercises. Good luck

• Posted

i saw a doctor my schools athletic department works with and they told me all i have is tendonitis. being a college athlete i am extermely worried beucase i dont want to be another season because this injury has alread caused me to miss more than half of this years season. i was in a walking boot and crutches and neither has helped. i have an appointment with a orthopedic surgeon next week to talk to them but i am just seeing if i surgery will probably be what i have todo to mentally prepare myself. i assumed it would be sense i have tried everything and it is still continuing.
    • Posted

Well obviously a doctor can let you know for sure, if it's not torn I couldn't imagine you would need surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.