perscribed citalopram for anxiety attacks

Posted , 6 users are following.

So went to the docs to today about my anxiety attacks that ive been having, cant even take my dog a walk without getting really anxious and giving me stomach issues 😦

He has perscribed me Citalopram 10mg to take each day for a month. I also have a phobia about taking meds just incase their is bad side effects, I know my anxiety can get heightened for the first couple of weeks, but has anyone had any good progress on them? are the side effects terrible? Dont think i can face all the horrible tories ive been hearing about them , thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm on the same medication. it works. keep in mind it is a SSRI and will take 2-3 weeks to "kick in" the only side effect I experience is it can make you sleepy. I take mine at night and have noticed if i take too late, i hit the snooze button a couple times the next morning.

also, you dosage is low i wouldn't worry too much about it.

• Posted

honestly I dont take meds neither for same reason. and seriously you can overcome the attacks. just have to be strong minded.. apple cider vinegar with mother in it 2x aday helps anxiety and other coping skills that I overcame it on my own.. would love to help you...

• Posted

Hi Temple73. could you help me too, i cant take meds, too many side effects...I panic as soon as i swallow one...I am nearly housebound...with a constant anxious feeling, have acidic stomach, so dont know if ACV is a good idea...how did you overcome all this..??

• Posted

please tell me more temple73? apple cider vinegar with what in it? thanks

• Posted

I take 20mg a day and I've not had any notable side effects. They really help take the edge off for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.