Persistant abdominal pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone, a few weeks ago i went out for a drink and got a little drunk, when i woke up the next day i had a terrible hangover i threw up a lot and i couldn't eat/drink anything. I got a lot better the day after and i started eating again but i few days later i started having abdominal cramps (they aren't really painful mostly uncomfortable) I went to a doctor a week ago i had an abdominal ultrasound done and she told me that it's nothing to worry about, she also prescribed me medications which i've been taking since but the pain is not gone.

Additionnal information : i'm not a heavy drinker, i drink rarely. when i wake up in the morning i feel fine but as soon as i eat something i feel the discomfort which lasts all day. I also constantly feel the urge to pass gaz and my face is breaking out, I have weird painful pimples which i never had before

Please help

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

your stomach could be inflamed...my DR told me to take Gaviscon for this, and it really works..it might take a while to settle down. but you will be grand...try to eat bland food for a while..nothing spicey..xx

• Posted

Thank you so much for your answer, have you experienced the same thing? 
  • Posted

Does the pain move about and have your bowel habits changed?  Go back to your doctor and ask about gastritis and IBS.
    • Posted

Thank you for answering, my bowel habits did change a bit, but nothing alarming. I will continue taking my medications for a few more days, if nothing changes I will definitely go back to my doctor !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.