Persistant swalling

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i suffer with acid reflux have done for over 20 years. Does anybody else wake up on a morning and constantly have to try and clear thete throat. Its full of mucus and i constantly kerp swalling for the first few hours im awake x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes me, but I can be like that at any time really. It’s very irritating, especially when you can’t clear it. 😕

• Posted

Hi gillian ive started gaggling with salt water twice a day to try clear it i must admit its helping x
  • Posted

YES I get this on much bad days it's very irritating and makes ales my throat sore at time are you on any medication for it because you can get this when it's not being controlled properly 

• Posted

Im on lanzparazol but havent been taking it lately. Just started back on it today x

• Posted

Hi Karen

Didn’t know salt water helped, you’d be better changing your diet, than taking PPI’s , I know it’s incredibly hard for most people to do this, but meds like Lansoprazole are dangerous. I came of mine . 😁👍

• Posted

Ive been on them nearly 20 years. Ive always watched what i eat i have to. I also take gaviscone x

• Posted

That should help after a few days abc orovsblh why your having symptoms 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.