Persisten 2 month cough not going away HELP

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been coughing for two months straight. It all started when I got sick 2 months ago. I had a sore throat and I was coughing and sick in general.

My sickness went away but my cough stayed. I have no symptoms whatsoever. Just a cough.

I have taken 2 courses of antibiotics. Did not help. Symbicort, Ventolin, acid reflux pills, all did not help. My cough is not going away and it fluctuates between getting better and worse. The doctors I've seen all don't know what is going on. I've had a pulmonary test done (breathing test), ordinary results. I've had 2 x-rays done. Normal results. What is going on.

Thank you!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hey there sam, hi....Does the coughing first start when maybe you are eating?  if so, thats your acid reflux.  Have you taken a medicine for your reflux? like prilosec, nexium, etc? You probably need one of these to take and i think you take them for 2 or 4 wks to heal your stomach.  Most people just keep taking them. My dr. has me on one for good. From your medicine, im going to ask if you smoke.....?.....quit smoking! I have heard that sometimes people get pneumonia or a bad cold and they seem to get okay except the cough seems to last for months.  kinda sounds like whats going on.  except for some reason i think its the reflux.  next time you eat, notice if you start coughing then.  well, good luck to you, sam.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.