Persistent and severe itching in my vaginal area...?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had very persistent and annoying itching just inside my vagina, on the inner labia and slightly on my anal area for the past 5 days...persuming it was thrush which I have experienced before, I inserted a canesten pill about 3 days ago , but it hasn't helped at all and the itching has gotten worse! I also have occasional burning when I urinate and a small amount of brown coloured discharge. I've tried swapping my shower gels in case I was reacting to them, but no change. Ive ruled out thrush...what might be wrong with me?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If the canestan didn’t help and made it worce and the discharge is brown, it could be bacterial vaginosis. Does the discharge havea distinctive horrid fishy smell?
    • Posted

As far as I can tell there is no smell at all , which is confusing me. I have examined as best as I can. And the brown discharge is very little, only when I wipe. It's probably worth mentioning that I have experienced hemorrhoids the last few days which I read can cause itching and infections in the vagina? Could this explain it?

• Posted

Couldnthe brown discharge actually be spotting (blood)? The haemorrhoids themselves don’t cause intching and infection in the vagina, as far as I know. It is the haemorrhoid cream that can do this if it contains hydrocortisone. I once used rather too much haemorrhoid cream containing hydrocortisone and in the night it spread to my vaginal opening - that caused itching which developed into thrush.
    • Posted

Hi Suki girl, exactly what you, just said happen to me

I had hemorrhoids and used to cream, and 2 days after the severe itch started , how did u got rid of it?? Please tell me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.