Persistent Breast Pain. Pls Help!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I am really hoping you'd help me. I've been having random breast pain years ago but I've always pushed it aside because it would go away but then it would come back. I know enough to say it is not related to my menstruation because I have been monitoring myself. Right now, my breasts started hurting and it's been really persistent. The pain is everywhere, it is not localized. It is also on both breasts. I've been trying to feel around for lumps but I find nothing. No distinct lumps. It is not painful when I press down or feel around, the pain is just really random. I don't know what to do, I am really nervous. I took contraceptive pills 5 mts ago to get my menstruation back (I haven't been having my period for about a year). I haven't told anyone, I wanna do mamogram but I'm scared it would hurt

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I myself have breast pain. It is a cyst I have had for years. It comes and goes. But I have had several mammograms and no they don't hurt. Not to me. And I don't have big ones. I'm a normal size.

My Dr. Told me to take vitamin e daily. And I did for a while and it helped. As I an typing this my breast is hurting. So I have to start back taking the vitamin e. I hope this helps and eases your mind

• Posted

Thank you so much for answering. I am only 19 yrs old and scared out of my wits. I am going to see a doctor tomorrow and hopefully get a clear answer.
  • Posted

Hi

By now you should have seen your doctor and hopefully you will have been told that it's nothing to worry about.  It sounds as if it could be hormones.  I am 71 now but years ago, when I was about mid-30s I used to get VERY painful breasts, not only at the time of the month but  all the time. They were so painful that I had to wear a bra 24 hours a day because I couldn't bear to take it off.   I found a lump and was sent to the consultant who said it could be a cyst and he stuck a needle in and drew some horrible stuff out which confirmed it.  He also said that my breasts were generally lumpy which a lot of women have and he gave me some really good advice.  He told me to start taking Evening Primrose Oil capsules as there is an important active ingredient in them.  It's called GLA (gamma linolenic acid) and there's a specific dose to take.   He said I needed to take 240mg of GLA a day and even if the capsules say 1000mg of EPO it's how much GLA is in them. I bought some capsules that had 80mg in each one and took three a day to make the 240mg.  I was told to take them for four months to flood my body with the GLA which I did and the result was mirculous, all the pain went and so did the lumps and I have never had any problems since then.  It's something you could try and even if you found that they didn't work after four months at least it's supposed to be good for your hair and nails among other things so no harm will have been done.  One other thing the consultant told me was to stop constantly looking for lumps! 

As for the mammogram, they don't usually hurt although I've had a couple where the woman doing it made the plate press too hard but it's over in a few seconds and is soon forgotten.    I hope you are soon pain and worry free.

• Posted

Thank you so much for answering. I went to the doctor 2 days ago and there were no lumps. But the pain is still bothering me, and the doctor only gave me painkillers and said to take it only when it hurts too much. I will try taking EPO and hopefully it will ease the pain. Thank you for the help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.