Persistent chest pain on the left for days

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all,

In the last two months i had my first panic attacks with symptoms like feeling cold, dizziness and difficulty walking, heart palpitations, difficulty in breathing sometimes, especially at night time. My main concern is this chest pain i have the Last 3 days, without any break! Basically, the pain is located on the left side of my chest, sometimes it is quite strong, often making me feel dizzy. I must add that i also observe stomach problems during he chest pains (pain in the stomach, gassy sounds inside the stomach, a bit increased burping etc. Chest pain often makes me very upset, often ending up in the emergency in hospital, where after usual Heart checks (blood test, x-Ray of the thorax, ecg) i am always clean! I literally suffer from this chest pain 3 days in a row now, it is a located (on the upper left side of the chest) sharp pain that comes and goes through the Day, lasting even 1hour or so! Also went to my cardiologist where after an echo, holter and running test were all clear again. Doc said problem is anxiety! Can really anxiety create such sufferring chest pain like heart attack? Maybe it is something related to stomach pain? But if that was the case, the pain should be located right at the center of my chest, not at the left, right? I am SO confused, please help!! Thank you!

Ps: forgot to add the constant ear ringing i am having as well!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Were you given a d-dimer blood test? It is a test to see whether or not you are likely to have a blood clot.

The other thing I would suggest would be an endoscopy, you sound like you could possibly have acid reflux, gastritis and a hiatus hernia.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply! No i was NOT given a d-dimer test.. Cardiologist said that the tests i was given were enough.. I dont know what else to do 😐

• Posted

Ask for a d-dimer and an endoscopy. The fact you breathing is affected needs to be looked into. Chest pain can be related to your lungs not just your heart also blood clots can result in palpitations.

Also a hiatus hernia can also give you palpitations and cause your central stomach pain. Gastritis can also give you central stomach pain you could even have h pylori. You may also be getting IBS with all the noises your stomach is making. The reason I mentioned reflux is because of the burping you mentioned.

• Posted

Thanks moon for your replies!! It really makes me feel nice 😊 no no, my breathing isnt affected thank God! I am pointing the stomach as well.. I have some really strong disturbances in there. (pains, sounds etc) and all Day long dizziness. I ve been taking reprat for 10 days but i cant say it did much. I forgot to mention that i am 33 yo, e-cigarette smoker. I m seeing a neurologist in a while for the first time, praying to God to get a formal answer at last 😊. MANY MANY thanks for your guidance and your Quick replies, it really made me feel good! Regards, George from Cyprus

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.