Persistent Cycle- High Energy Day Followed By A Day of Overwhelming Fatigue

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi brains trust,

For about 4 years now I have been struggling with persistent bouts of very energetic days, during which I'm able to focus and engage extremely well with my work, followed by an awful sense of extreme fatigue where I can barely get out of bed, hold a conversation or work. These ups and downs will happen once or twice a week and on the other days, I am still fairly tired by still can function/think, although it is a struggle.

I have attended countless doctors and drawn enough blood to satisfy a swarm of vampires, but nothing has been detected. Iron and thyroid function is normal and my diet is quite good (I focus on munching veggies with most lunches and dinners).

I'm still youngish, I'm 30, and this condition prevents me from engaging in my work, seeing my friends and living an overall happy life.

I am really struggling,

If you can provide some suggestions of conditions I could look into, I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my post,

Cheers,

Becca

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I went through something similar and my doctor found I had a weak heart muscle along with anxiety and depression. I'm taking toprol a beta blocker for heart and lexapro for anxiety. Have you been checked for fibromyalgia as this exhibits a lot of your symptoms. Also depression can also cause some of these symptoms. I wish you answers and healing.

• Posted

Hi Gerryann71,

Good to hear you found some answers 😃

No I haven't actually, a good suggestion, and thank you for your well wishes.

Cheers,

Becca

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.