Persistent daily headache and other symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone, I'm new here and I've been wanting to hear opinions regarding headaches. I'm a 25 yo woman, healthy, I don't smoke or drink. I remember having headaches ever since I was a kid, ever since always taking OTC meds trying to control it. Three years ago I had a CT scan that came back clear and the doctor started treating me for migraine. Ever since I took different kinds of meds but I've never been more than 2/3 days headache free. In the last months I've been having daily headaches, my exception is when I'm not in pain. A new neurologist explained how migraine works and how he hardly thinks my case is migraine related, as my headaches are often in the same spot and they happen everyday. I'm having other symptoms that I don't know if are somehow related, such as lots of heartburn, difficulty in finding some words when I'm speaking, fatique and sleeppiness, rapid hearbeat sometimes even when I'm resting, these are some that I can remember of - overall speaking, I don't feel well all the time, this symptoms are really having a direct impact in my everyday life, specially at work. I'm kind of afraid of what this pain can be. Now I have a MRI and a QEEG Brain Mapping. I'm curios to hear if any of you suffered something along these lines and if you have a diagnosis to share with me.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

You have a complex list of symptoms, some of which I can relate to and that is hemiplegic migraine.  Do you ever get weakness down one side of the body, pins and needles or tingling in hands or arms?

I am currently having Botox and for me it works really well

• Posted

Hi, first of all thanks for your answer. I've read a bit about hemiplegic migraine but I don't think I have those additional symptoms. My doctor was very incisive when he said he didn't think I have a regular migraine so I'm just waiting for these new exams next week and see what happens.

• Posted

some people find chiropractors and dentist helpful?

have u tried either of those

they could work but they didn't for me

• Posted

Good luck with the tests and let us know how you get on
    • Posted

yeah Im considering scheduling a dentist. thanks for the advice!
    • Posted

yes, abolutely. thank you so much! waiting for the results to come out this friday smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.