Persistent dry cough and feel chesty

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Me again!!

I suffer from a dry persistent cough it isn't every day but it doesn't fully go away. Also I always feel chesty like when you get a bad cold and it goes onto your chest and you think you're going to get a chest infection.

Am I the only one or does anyone experience the same?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

OMG. I ALWAYS have a dry cough. I have had for years. Had every test there is and nothing. All in my head. I also constantly have to clear my throat.
  • Posted

I never thought it had anything to do with fibro!!! I have exactly the same symptoms, so, no, you're not the only one.

i have, on my mums advice, found that organic, unfiltered cider vinegar helps. Take a tablespoon in warm water first thing, sometimes it actually makes me sick but I feel better for it. And i  hate vinegar 😱

• Posted

Hi Kelly. It could be a touch of recurring asthma. That is what the doctor diagnosed my intermittent dry cough as. I carry a pump with me and I only use it when it gets annoying. 

Maggie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.