Persistent gas pain in upper chest?

Posted , 1 user is following.

i know you get plenty of gas with gallbladder problem.I am seeing a surgeon next week to set up surgery.my hidascan was 11%. I am having the most annoying upper chest pains which im assuming is gas as it goes into my shoulderblades and shoulders. i have to take pain mwdicine and wrap my upper chest with a wrap because it feels awful.i know its from the gallbladder .did anyone else have this and if so was there something i can do to relieve the pressure? i just want to rip my upper chest out!!!!! thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vivian:. i use to have really bad has pains and heartburn too before i had my gallbladder out. when that happened i tried a cold glass of water or a warm cup of teaif you drink tea, that would usually calm down the hallbladder. take care and let me know if that helps.

• Posted

thanks iris, it almost feels like your having a heart attack with the pressure and squeezing.hope its all related to the gallbladder.I thought it was anxiety at first but my pills werent helping it so i figured it was related to the gallbladder.will keep u posted

• Posted

hi Vivian:. I understand. i had the same pains and sometimes the pains were so bad i was kneeling over in pain. i had alot of small gallstones before my gallbladder out last year in february. when you do go in for surgery. hopefully they will do the larascopi .. it is much faster healing process.

• Posted

it is alot easier . the only things that bothered me is the cramping afterwards and the poops and gas. but the cramps are normal and so is the poops. the cramps are from when the organs are moving back in place be because the surgeon uses a special has to inflate your abdomen so he can see what he is doing. the other problem is you will have to watch the greasy and spicy foods for awhile. but it also depends on the person too.

• Posted

well i sure wouldn't mind the poops as i have terrible constipation right now.it is just such a miserable feeling in my chest I must have alot of gas trapped from the gallbladder feels like someone is squeezing both sides right under my collarbone .is this common with a bad gallbladder? had an ultrasound today no stones or blockages but she told me people feel like its a heart attack but knowing its the gallbladder. god can't wait to have this out!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.