Persistent headache and nausea for 2.5 weeks straight!! What is it?

Posted , 3 users are following.

2.5 weeks ago I developed a light, dull consistent headache that was on both sides of my head and occasionally would move to my lower forehead that was accompanied by double vision, clogged ears, slight pressure on the top of my nose, difficulty looking at computer screens and trouble sleeping. I spoke with a doctor who said i have a sinus infection and prescribed me augmentin for 7 days after advil, tylenol and mucinex had not helped me at all. After taking my 7 day dose of augmentin, i felt extremely better ( i was running, playing basketball and working out with very minor headache pain and no loss of physical strength or balance) and had virtually no vision or light sensitivity issues. 4 days after i was off of augmentin, my headache and nausea started to come back so i worried and my doctor prescribed me another 7 day dose of augmentin AND sumatriptan. I am on day two of augmentin again and i feel about 40% better but still have that light headache on both sides so i dont think the sumatriptan helped much and i think augmentin is helping quite a bit. however, i am not completely healed yet and im scared that if augmentin doesnt clear it up completely, that something more serious may be at risk. If anyone has experience with this, please let me know if this is common or not. I really am praying that its not something that could be a much larger issue. Any insight is appreciated!!

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Matt, Sometimes a sinus infection can get pretty bad and needs a 2nd dose but, after 2 treatments of the same anti-biotic doesnt work, you may need a different type...sounds like they are treating you for migraines too, just in case...some people get migraines from being sick or as a side effect of the anti-biotics. At this point wait until your last dose and see how you feel, this is a bit late, you should be better by now but, if NOT it is not uncommon to need another type of anti-biotic, some types work better for certain infections and on certain people...finish your meds and go from there, I wouldnt stress too much, you could also have something that started out as a VIRUS(instead of bacterial) which will clear up on its own, if the anti-biotics end up not working...Wait & see...Good Luck, feel better soon๐Ÿ’’๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŽถโ™พ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ€โ˜ฎ

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.