Persistent ingestion fo six months

Posted , 4 users are following.

I fell sick since july last year, heartburn/stomachburn, nausea(not always), bloating and chest pain and I have clear my throat.. Until end of november I had endoscopy done it revealed severe body/antral gastritis and nothing else.. Blood test was positive for h.pylori.. I'm on 8 weeks theraphy now. Does any has idea on how long it will take heal? or get symptoms relieved completely?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi ahmed90731

It will take some months for your stomach to return to a semblance of normality...after the 3 course of antibiotics you will have to eat a bland spice free, fat free, fried free diet. Also no acidic drinks or fizzy..no cirtus fruits..take some green leafy veg and some red meat, chicken,fish all cooked in coconut oil or olive oil. Have yogurts with cultures and probiotics. Water and caffeine free drinks...you will have to help yourself for your stomach to heal after the effects of HPylori bacteria..There is a supplement called Mastic Gum that helps the gut to heal it has to be taken on an empty stomach you can get it online.(use after course of antibiotics )....best wishes....

• Posted

One round of antibiotics should clear the infection. You will also be given a PPI to protect your stomach from further irritation. After this, you are retested to see if it has gone. If it is still there or goes away and then comes back, you will be given another round of different drugs to make sure you don’t become resistent to them.  Your stomach may still be irritated for a while due to the strong meds and the infection itself. The bacteria is known to cause gastritis.  With gastritis stick to bland foods and avoid anything rich, spicy or fatty. Keep a food diary to identify any food triggers.
  • Posted

Thankyou guys I thought this suffering is never ending.. I will keep on fighting.. But I have anxiety too.. Does that affects the healing process?
  • Posted

Should i get drugs for that?
    • Posted

I wouldn’t bother taking meds for anxiety because they can cause side effects.  I have anxiety and take nothing for it; I just accept the way I am.  Try natural methods instead such as distraction techniques like a hobby or light exercise. 
  • Posted

Today i'm dizzy and weary dunno if it is from the effects of rabeparazole i'm taking..plus i have very bloated stomach..

• Posted

Hi ahmed90731

Perhaps it is a side effect of the medication check the information leaflet that came with the meds for side effects...

• Posted

This sickness is making me lethargic and hopeless.. I have seen people getting up from ulcers which is very similar to this condition.. But this is weird one and i dunno if could ever get any better..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.