Persistent low BBT. Really concerned. Is this normal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been tracking my BBT for the past week or so and they've persistently been in the low range (96F to 96.8 F).

My BBT Chart is attached below.

I'm a 20F.

BMI - 20.8

I started tracking my BBT after I skipped my last period. Other than that, I've had no health problems.

The first entry (98.7F) isn't my basal temperature. Was taken at a random time (about 4 hrs after waking up).

But for the remaining entries (taken immediately after waking up- approx 8am every day), they've all been pretty low.

The highest I've gone is 97.4 which was on a day I'd overslept.

I sleep with the AC on, thermometer's always on my bedside table and I take the temperature orally within a min of waking up. I've also been tracking my temperature at other times of the day and I've noticed that it always rises to 98-98.6F within a couple hours of waking up.

Is such a low temperature normal or might there be some problem?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Shayllene, as long as you feel well there is no need to keep taking your temperature. Body temperature fluctuates during the day for most people and is quite normal. Below 95 and you are entering Hypothermia, but you would be aware of becoming very cold and drowsy by then.Similarly over 100 and you have a fever but once again you would be very aware of it.

Each of us has a normal range, which is normal for them, but the main criteria is how you feel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.