Persistent nausea, acid reflux, stomach sloshing and fatigue. Help!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi.

For months now I've been experiencing nausea, always accompanied by stomach sloshing, fatigue and acid reflux. I feel full or nausea and won't eat, resulting in significant weight loss. I can't seem to link it to anything I'm eating and all my blood results, ultrasound results and stool sample results came back fine. I'm booked in for an endoscopy but any advice would be highly appreciated! I've been on a PPI for about a month and it hasn't at all helped, something I even think it's made everything worse.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

am in the exact same situation at the moment. i have acid reflux, done all sorts of blood tests endoscopy, ultra sounds, etc... but found nothing wrong. yet i think am loosing weight more everyday. which i dont understand because i eat like a mad man most days i drink plenty of water and still always wake up constipated. how can i put some weight back on please people? i have always been a healthy guy and now when people look at me they worry

• Posted

Weight loss can occur if you are stressed and worrying. It may also be that you have a fast metabolism. I can lose a lot of weight in a week with worrying or stress and I also have a fast metabolism which is a family trait. People often joke and say I have hollow legs! Try eating lots of fruit and vegetables or try a short term laxative for the constipation. You could also try seeing a dietician.

• Posted

I used to get that stomach sloshing after big takeaways usually with high salt content then drank lots of water at the same time to quench my thirst. I haven't had it since I stopped eating fast food though. But if you are not eating and you are experiencing a full feeling and nausea you could possibly have gastritis and maybe h pylori. They can't test you for h pylori unless you have been off ppis for 2 weeks though. The ppi tablets can give you a bit of IBS and bloating.

• Posted

Has gastritis been mentioned and have you tried a food diary? That can help to identify a food trigger. Write down everything you eat, the time you ate it and any reactions you have. Are you having bowel habit change?

• Posted

Hi Ashlee, I am in the same situation and can be due to stress, but it's better for you to wait to the endoscopy. I don't know either why I feel so bad even with medication, doesn't work for everyone so it's not weird. Hope everything goes fine.

• Posted

Sounds to me that an ulcer might be causing this bad nausea. Sure stress might be the cause but I doubt it. Also not having an appetite is a sign of ulcers. I had a very bad ulcer years ago and it caused me tremendous weight loss too. When you get your endoscopy I think they will find one. Your acid problem can be due to having an ulcer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.