Persistent neck pain for the past 7 Months.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have persistent neck pain, largely to the left of my neck. my neck is stiff and painful to turn, the pain transmit to my shoulders at times. i also feel tired quickly if i do work with my hands raised above my shoulders, or if i carry something heavy. when i carry something heavy I feel like my shoulder is being stretched, which is painful.

Background

The pain started as a mild headache at the lower part of my head some 8 months ago. I Then started to experience painful involuntary raised shoulders, when i drop then i would feel a relief. however, in no time i would find myself involuntarily raising them.

I went to see the Doctor and was given anti-inflammatory pills, they subdued the pain, as soon as i completed the course, the pain resurfaced.

now the pain has moved from my shoulders to my neck, and it's making it very hard for me to study. i just want to sleep and rest.

I have seen a physiotherapist, I am doing some exercises but they don't seem to help significantly.

Questions

Is there anyone on this forum who has experienced this before and how did they manage it.

what could be causing my neck pain.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Not sure if this is the same thing or not.

I've had neck problems for a few years, they lead to pretty bad headaches and the only thing that seems

to work is Excedrin.

I have done almost everything I can think of, physical therapy, I also try my best to keep my posture

correct, I use ice and heat at times.

My doctor told me its tension headaches, and I agree but the next thing I want is a damn Xray of my neck to see if there is anything causing it,

Years ago I seen a chiropractor that did a Xray and told me I don't have a lot natural bend in my neck so its more strait then usual and could be causing my muscles to become really tense.

• Posted

Could it be youve pulled a muscle somehow? -thats what I've done in the past

I remember when I fell of a horse a few years ago I fell on my arm -miraculously I didnt break it but I was in severe pain -I couldnt do the simple things .I was given some ibuprofen & got an appointment at the physio on a regular basis & eventually it more or less got back to normal

I had to go through the same process when I had frozen shoulder-now that was painful enough

Very good luck I hope you manage to get it sorted

• Posted

it sounds like wear and tear damage to your neck and shoulders ask your gp to refer you for a bone scan to get a proper diagnosis has im not a doctor i do suffer the same pain and it's wear and tear i had a bone scan and was diagnosed with arthritis in ever joint.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.