Posted , 2 users are following.
I am writing this post, since I feel like there is no hope for me. It all started 6 months ago when I had stomach issues - basically stomach pain after every meal I had. I was at hospital many times and I believe that at some point I developed extreme health anxiety... At one visit at ER doctors gave me one dose of Valium - and it started. Basically the day after "Valium visit" all my problems related to stomach issues resolve - they just disapeared completely. This let me believe that stomach problems were related to stressfull period of tome that I had back then. But two days after that ER visit my eyes became totaly messed up with following symptoms:
- Scotomas (blind spots in vision). It started with one scotoma in right eye and now after 5 months I have like 30 small blind spots in both eyes mainly in peripheral vision;
- vision that literally vibrates;
- visual snow;
- blurry close vision;
- eye pain;
- stiff muscles especially in neck;
- inability to see full picture. Before this when I was looking at my phone my brain was able to see whole screen at once. Now I have to move my eyes constantly from top to bottom to see it all.
All syntoms are now constant for 5 months now (and I feel like scotomas count is increasing and old scotomas do not dissapear)
I was afraid so I went to hospital - I was there for 7 days and had following tests:
-MRI of head, neck and eyes;
- Blood tests for Lyme and 10 other diseases that might be associate with theese symptoms;
- I think like 15 eye tests including Tomography, EEG, VEP. Guess what - all results were normal wothout any even slight diaturbances...
Has anyone has theese symtoms and maybe there is a person who had them and now recovered? Can they be related to Valium? Or maybe to health anxiety?
I really hope that someone can put some light on on because I have no further tests to do. On my last day on hospital doctors told me that they have done all necessary tests and there is nothing they can do anymore.
0 likes, 3 replies