PERSISTENT SORE THROAT, GERD, LYMPH NODES.

Posted , 1 user is following.

---My battle with GERD has been on-going for many years. Some 15 years ago, my Internal Med doctor prescribed Nexium which, after a few months, cleared it. About 5 years ago, the GERD returned. My new physician offered Omeprazole; it too worked, after some months. But recently, six months ago, the problem returned with the typical symptoms, including an acidic sore throat. This time, the Omeprazole did nothing. We waited --and suffered-- three months. Then, my dosage was doubled. Still, no improvement. In fact, the sore throat became severe. This non-stop burning throat has been with me for four months. It is only relieved with endless lozenges and sugar-free gum. And, most important, there are now slightly painful lymph nodes that appear and disappear throughout the day. Very troubling stuff. Reportedly, GERD does not cause painful nodes, but a serious larynx condition does.

---Does any one know of cases in which GERD is accompanied by persistent sore throat and swollen or painful nodes?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.