Posted , 2 users are following.

Sex: Female

Height: 1.60m

Weight: 50kg

Race: white

Duration of complaint: 3 days

Not a smoker

Posting on behalf of my girlfriend

Like it says in the title I'm getting concerned somethings wrong with my girlfriend. On Friday she woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat, she didn't think much of it and it wasn't too bad. During the day it got worse and at night it got really bad, like to the point where she couldn't sleep. And yesterday it stayed pretty much the same throughout the day, she says it just hurts consistently. During the first day she took some lozenges and drank some hot milk with honey and it helped but now that doesn't help anymore, neither does ibuprofen.

Today she woke up and still feels this way and now she says it hurts a bit lower down too so it's progressing downward which is scaring me. Also she mentioned that one of her nostrils was blocked during the night which made it harder to breathe and she says she has a headache.

Before the sore throat started she complained about really bothersome lower back pain and bloating but those have since passed but she is still gassy and is burping very often even if she doesn't eat anything.

Here's a picture for reference: https://imgur.com/a/SURaZ0s

She says it started on the area with the blue circle and today it hurts further down, in the area circled red.

So in recap:

Sore throat persisting for 3 days progressing downward, not alleviated by lozenges, warm drinks or ibuprofen

Headache

Blocked nostril (during the night, it has since passed)

Phlegm on her throat

Gassy and burping very regularly (might be unrelated idk??)

Things she DOES NOT have are:

Swollen lymph nodes

Fever

Rash

Cough

Chest pain

Hoarseness

So can anyone give us a clue as to what's going on? Could this be something serious? We can only go to the doctors tomorrow so for now this is the best bet.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i am not sure but it might be silent reflux...its a guess and i am not a doctor...go to some ENT

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.