Persistent stomach ache

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

i have written many times before here, i have been suffering with abdominal pain for 7 months now, it starting from the upper left side to the right side. it gets worse when i lie down to sleep. my ribs hurt and abdomen still makes this odd gurgling sounds

i have been on omeprazole for months now and nothing has changed

the pain feels like there is an open wound in my stomach and sometimes pinching pain too

i go to sleep and wake up with my abdominal muscles so sore.

does anyone have any idea what this could be, because the doctors are not helpful at all.

female. 19 years

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Has gastritis been mentioned and h pylori? Ask for an endoscopy to see if you have these conditions. Do you have change of bowel habit? Does food or stress trigger symptoms?

• Posted

Hi ra34360

I think you should see your doctor and ask to be referred for an abdominal scan as a second opinion. All patients in UK (if your in UK) are entitled to a second opinion under 'The Patients Charter'.....

• Posted

Hello. Sorry you're having such a hard time. Omeprazole can cause horrendous side effects. You should speak to your doctor about your symptoms and concerns. Best wishes...

• Posted

I I too have had constant stomach pain ever since I got off of weight watchers in August the pain never leaves only when I lie down in bed at night I take prevacid 30 mg twice a day now I take zantac at bedtime just have this terrible grabbing pain like feels like contractions or spasms not sure what they are I know I have gallstones that are pretty good size but they won't take them out because they say I'm not having gallbladder attacks I am 80 years old so I'm going to see the nurse practitioner next week I don't know what the heck's going on but I am in pain daily it never leaves maybe it was the change of my diet but I started weight watchers again yesterday I will have to start watching what I eat again I don't know if the pain will go away or not I'm also having a lot of constipation and I take bowel softners finally had to break down and take a dose of milk of magnesia tonight because the bowel softeners do not work

• Posted

I I too have had constant stomach pain ever since I got off of weight watchers in August the pain never leaves only when I lie down in bed at night I take prevacid 30 mg twice a day now I take zantac at bedtime just have this terrible grabbing pain like feels like contractions or spasms not sure what they are I know I have gallstones that are pretty good size but they won't take them out because they say I'm not having gallbladder attacks I am 80 years old so I'm going to see the nurse practitioner next week I don't know what the heck's going on but I am in pain daily it never leaves maybe it was the change of my diet but I started weight watchers again yesterday I will have to start watching what I eat again I don't know if the pain will go away or not I'm also having a lot of constipation and I take bowel softners finally had to break down and take a dose of milk of magnesia tonight because the bowel softeners do not work

• Posted

• Posted

you you will have to go in and have your doctor order scope to go down into your stomach and look around that's the only way you're going to know what's exactly wrong until you get the testing done you're going to worry so get it done

• Posted

you you will have to go in and have your doctor order scope to go down into your stomach and look around that's the only way you're going to know what's exactly wrong until you get the testing done you're going to worry so get it done

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.