Persistent Testicle pain after Varicocele surgery

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey guys! So here is my problem:

I had a Varicocele surgery (embolization) on my right side on the 26th of June. The first week was a bit uncomfortable coz of swelling and bruising. after one week the bruises went away. Then suddenly and after everything seemed to be completely fine i woke up one morning and i had TERRIBLE pain. Like horrible.

Then, I went back to work (not a heavy job thank god) but the pain didn't go away. i went to the doctor and we run some tests to check for infection of the Epidydimytis.

Everything turned to be fine (no infection). But the pain wouldn't go away. The doc said that it might take time and go back home and cool it with ice and hold it high.

My doctor went away for sunmer. So I visited like 5 more other doctors coz the pain was unbearable. They all said that anatomically I'm fine, my blood flow looks ok, and all the organs inside are intact (ultrasound and touching).

Week by week my swelling went away (it isn't coming back). BUT i am still experiencing a HIGH SENSITIVITY of my testicle. I touch it and it still hurts. i cannot sleep on my stomach, I cannot wear tight underwear or at least for the 3 first weeks now it is more bearable but still a lot of pain.

I am still in bed (for 3 weeks) applying ice, i cannot wear pants AT ALL and when i go out and walk a lot my testicle is getting tired easily and hurts again. Did i see improvement in general? YES. How long will it take me until this sensitivity go away?

Meanwhile, I AM 100 % positive that the Varicocele is back coz when i cough i can feel it stronger than ever. but lets say that i skip this and dont mind it because i can fix it with a new surgery.

My main concern is this sensitivity and pain. Has sb else experienced sth like that and when were you able to touch your Testicle again without feeling pain? Do you think it will go away? will i be able to wear my underwear and pants? All the Doctors i have visited don't have clear answers about it.

I am totally freaked out, super depressed and really don't know what to do. I just wanna know how much I still have to be doing all these things.

2 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello all

I just postponed my embolisation. I need to consult with another doctor before this procedure. Testicular pain has been subsided after cipro and pain killers but still have minimal pain and elongated cord holding testes. small sacs of worm like veins also there. Since size of varico veins are 2.5 mm in ultrasound so not sure if I am eligible for surgical procedure.

• Posted

hey what do you mean by "elongated cord holding testes"?

• Posted

and is it a problem when the cord is elongated? is it because of Varicocele OP? or before the op?

• Posted

Cord elongated of left side after 2nd episode of varicocele. It was happened first time also back in 1999 and completely fixed after OP ( Laproscopic). This is common indication of varicocele and associated with pain also.

• Posted

so many things i will need to know about the whole testical thing. im still in pain. no matter the opioids. it's so upsetting

• Posted

hi Filippos,

I am experiencing a lot of your symptoms after varicocele embolisation. please can you give us an update? Many thanks

• Posted

As you wrote that you are taking gaba and tramadol and still suffering from pain then this is unusual because both drugs have ability to masking the pain so brain do not feel it. Like I said before sometimes dosage of antibiotic is very critical. For example cipro can be given from 5 days to one month. Only an experienced doctor can decide. You should consult for 2nd opinion including micro surgical varicocelatomy. If your medical system may allow. Other option you may seek private consultation . If you need to consult in Doctors from Turkey then I will help. It will much cheaper then in your country.

• Posted

in Germany public healthcare pays for everything. i will probably have to consult another doctor.

• Posted

i don't even know if it makes sense to take antibiotics at all. all my blood, urine and sperm tests came back negative.

• Posted

Hey guys...

for two days my pain was dramatically reduced and i dont even know why and how and then there was this night that i hurt it during sleep of course without noticing and it took me back again 😡

rather upsetting...

does any of you have experience with anesthetic injection of the cord? the doc said IT MIGHT help. can you give some feedback?

• Posted

Hello @filippos.g are you still experiencing this chronic pain? I went through the same surgery 8 weeks ago and I am still in so much pain, 30 times worse than pre-surgery. Please any help? I am so depressed and experiencing awful pain. Doctors thought it could be infection. Antibiotics and anti-inflammatories didn't do anything.

• Posted

Any updates on your end? I am also experiencing awful pain after 3 months of my surgery. Please HELP PLEASE!!!! Did the postoperative pain go? And if yes, how long?

Th doxtor thought that it could be an infection, but it s not infection. They put me on 1.5 course of antibiotic. It didn't work. I am really so stressed about it.

My advice to everyone who was recommended to go through the surgery, DON'T EVER do it. It can ruin your life ups and down.

• Posted

hey sami, any luck on your pain ? has it subsided ? i did mine 6 weeks back and im in terrible pain since.

• Posted

how are you feeling now buddy ? im in the same boat. did my embo 6 weeks back, in terrible pain since

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.