Persistent UTI PAINFUL

Posted , 4 users are following.

I HAVE HAD A UTI NOW FOR 10 days.  I’ve been on 3 days of Macrobid, 5 days of Bacterim, and now a prescription of Doxycycline.  Is it heard you’re f for the burners no pain and soreness plus urgency to be persistent?  I’m upset and worrried.  I initially tried to put essential oil on my vaginal area thinking it would help but it burns.  I’m wondering if I really messed things up.  Any advice would be appreciated.  

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Goodness me, please don't do that again, applying anything like essential oils, eeek! eek and a big ouch! if you are sore then you can apply plain live yogurt, nothing else unless it has been prescribed for you please.

• Posted

I’m not sure but I thought the oils had healing properties.  I notice my symptoms more when I lay down.  
  • Posted

Hi Audrey,

I'm not at all sure what your sentence about burners is actually saying (predictive text?) but I am sure (like Phoebe) that applying anything at all to your bits is a silly thing to do.  The tissue down there is very sensitive and delicate, wherever did you get the idea that essential oil might help?!  A commercially prepared oil may have goodness knows what in it apart from 'oil'.  Raw, virgin coconut oil is OK to use there but nothing else (unless, like Phoebe says, it's been prescribed).

Has your doctor actually cultured your urine sample to see what type of bacteria is causing your problem?  If he has, then the Doxycycline should be the correct antibiotic and working by now.  Are you saying that the area still burns after 10 days and you think you may have damaged it by applying the oil rather than having an infection?  If this is the case I suggest you have the doctor examine you in case there is some other problem. 

• Posted

I never thought about coconut oil, I've actually only just discovered it's amazing versatility. 

• Posted

Oops, I’m sorry, the sentence came out incorrect.  What I meant, was Is it normal to still have burning, pain and rawness and urgency after 10 days?  They actually did take a urine sample to culture.  I’m still waiting for those results, and they are sending me to a urologist, and just ordered an ultrasound.  Thank you for your input.  And yes, what was I thinking with the oils?  Not a smart choice.  Lol
    • Posted

Oh and she did examine, and said that area was irritated and raw
    • Posted

So I bought the raw, virgin coconut oil!  Omg FIRST DAY, used it and ate a couple teaspoons, but used it topically, considerably less burning.  Wow!!  Thank you.  I looked it up after I saw it written here and forgot where I saw it but there’s so much information about what I can help and it’s actually OK to put down there
  • Posted

From my experience, after 2 days (3 at most) the symptoms from a UTI are gone if you are on the right antibiotic.  So, I'd say, no, it is not normal to still have symptoms for 10 days.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.