Persisting stomach problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

At night, I experience bloating and gas. If I try to go, the results are lots of gas and barely a pellet, if that. This doesn’t relieve the gas at all. In the morning, my bowels are completely full, and I have cramping and the feeling of really having to go. It wakes me up in the morning, and prevents me from sleeping both at night with the gas and in the morning with the need to go. 

I always have loose stools in the morning, along with the intermittent bright red blood at times. It is the only time I can go during the day except about once a week when I have diarrhea and go 3 or 4 times. I have been dealing with this since I had my gallbladder removed a year and a half ago. Before that, I had the same problems, but also had gallbladder attacks where I felt like I was being stabbed with a knife. Any one have similar problems, or know of what it may be that is causing this to persist? I have been to GI, had endoscopies, colonoscopies, been prescribed colestipol, antibiotics. I was told I do not have IBS, have tried a fiber regimen, enzymes, and nothing works. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Bright blood could be hemeroids or polyps... Now did you have ultrasound done? Pippa will be here in moment... But ibs is outruled.... So it well might be liver disorded....
    • Posted

I did have an ultrasound, as well as a  HIDA scan. I did have high lipid counts after the surgery.
  • Posted

Try cholestraymine.  It is a powder you mix with water.   You need a prescription.   It is fore people who experience this after gullbladder removal.  Has something to do with the bile still being proved.   Also take Flora 50 billion critical care probiotic.   I took it and after one box and half bottle of probiotic all symptoms are gone.....

good luck...

• Posted

Ask for a SECHAT scan to look for bile acid malabsorption which can happen after gallbladder removal.  If you have it, there is medication to treat it.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.