Person with active cold sore kissed me on the cheek, will I get herpes??

Posted , 1 user is following.

Today I saw a friend of mine and I hugged her and she kissed me on the cheek and then after that I realized she had a cold sore, and no I'm scared she gave me herpes. I didn't have broken skin I guess but I have some dry pimples on the cheek I guess so I don't know if the virus can pass through. She kissed on the cheek for like 3 or 4 seconds but I'm scared she infected me. Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but I have never got a cold sore in my 22 years of life and no one in my family either except one of my brother who doesn't have a remarkable life, but so many people including me are paranoid about cold sores and sometimes stigmatize you for that and being a young woman who has to socialize a lot every day it'd be difficult and also I have depression and low self steem so it would affect me a lot I guess. My face has been itching since that moment don't know if I'm overreacting. So, it's possible to get herpees by a kiss on the cheek? What are the chances? Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.