Personal Abscess post surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello! I had 3cm by 3cm personal abscess and was sent for surgery immediately. After the surgery, I was told that it was really superficial and I do not have fistula or any other related medical illness.

It has been 3 days since the surgery and I have been changing the would dressing on my own. It is still bleeding and has quite a lot of pus and there's also like a little black hole. To describe it, imagine a round shape, one side of the circle is filled with pus with a little black hole while the other side is mainly blood (similar to those blood produced when you fall on your knee on egdy ground). Just wonder if it's normal?

For now, it is still painful when in contact but I think the pain is normal since its open wound.

Would love to post photo but I have no idea how.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.