Personal Discussion

Posted , 4 users are following.

Having Lichen Planus is bad enough, but it is something you can't readily discuss with others. Like who could I tell that at my last visit to the derm. she told me that my vagina was closing up. I said, "well, that's OK because I don't need it." (I am old and not sexually active.) She took a picture with her iPad and showed me. It is ugly.

She said I would always need an opening to test for cancer. That's something I really didn't want to hear.

I feel sorry for anyone that is sexually active. I can't imagine how much that would hurt.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I know I'm the same as you I feel so alone in this because theses no one else in the family with this problem I gave a twin sister and three other sister's and im only one and like you I have the shrinkage my husband is very understanding thankfully

• Posted

Hi SSB,

I am so sorry you are suffering so much. If it is any consolation at all, all elderly ladies vaginas start to wrinkle and shrivel. Lack of oestrogen is to blame. You could ask your doctor if using hormone cream might help. But given your problem, maybe not.

I am with you tho, to be quite honest after 40 years of marriage both of us prefer a nice cup of tea!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.