Personal Independence Payment

Posted , 4 users are following.

The assessor lied by deliberately putting in a false report which stopped my wife getting Enhance Payment. I have appealed on my wife’s behalf.

Can the appeal process be speeded up because the assessor lied?

Can the assessor be reported to some kind of authority with the view of getting rid of this assessor?

Has your assessor lied when putting in your assessment?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My assessor lied and said things which were never told to her. Also didn't mention I was already on medication for depression and that I had an appointment with the psychological wellbeing team in February. That's why I've seen the in the MR.

• Posted

I was taken off ESA for the same reasons, and put onto JSA, with a broken ankle, using crutches and wearing a boot, ( plus my other illnesses) The assessor said at the time ' Obviously I cant ask you to bend down to lift anything' yet in my report he said I had bent to the floor to pick something up! And that he saw no reason for me to be on ESA,! I was so angry I actually called them and asked if my report had been mixed up because what he said was NOT about my assessment! I was told that I would need to appeal ! I was sent to sign on for JSA and the woman was totally shocked when she saw the state of me. I went to see my local MP, with all my paperwork, and within a day of them getting a letter from him, I got a call, apologising and telling me this should never have happened. So find out who your MP is and take all your paperwork... it does help!

• Posted

In my case I had to fight for my ESA and PIPs . First the ESA  was refused from a bogus ATOS assessment a month before I had shoulder surgery which they knew was going to happen. At the time I had had frozen shoulder for Four years  which resulted In a  full tendon tear needing surgery and Fibromyalgia for over ten years . I had all the medical evidence and got zero points two days after I had had  serious shoulder surgery. I had fit notes from the surgeon and doctor saying I should not work on any account for a month at least. . I was shocked to be told  that my benefits would stop forthwith . I was told due to not staying overnight at the hospital I was fit to work. I fought them and was reinstated and a letter of apology .  I even got my surgeon ,MP, and GP involved. The hell they put me through giving me wrong addresses sending me  to the job centre ten days after surgery the day I had my stitches removed. I cannot believe what  put us through. The same thing happened with my PIPS that originally I had been awarded 16 points and was awarded for a year and a half. I told them of the shoulder surgery as it was a change of circumstances. I had a home visit with a young female assessor who contradicted herself and due to this I lost my PIPS and the day I was put into the ESA support group . The irony of it. So I took them to Tribunal and won my case. I had to become a lawyer overnight!!?,.?...  It certainly impeded my recovery as well as putting my family and myself through hell and back again!!!  I got a copy of my reportt and highlighted where the obvious contradictions were. Best of luck in fighting this . 
    • Posted

I did report the assessor to ATOS and they looked into it and apologised. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.