Personal Independence Payment

Posted , 5 users are following.

Last year, went to Council Offices to talk about tax, I was really not at all well or with it (I have explained on the Alendronic Acid discussions the side effects I had), the council worker I spoke to said 'you should apply for PIP'.  So I did, and was refused. The letter informing me of this was shocking in the number of inaccuracies, it was very dismissive OK I know it was written by a robot).  I started the Mandatory Reconsideration process, and asked for a copy of the assessors report.  Oh blimey.  In amongst all the questionable assertions, I find details of a physical examination (which I had apparently consented to).  I wasn't asked, I didn't consent, and there was no examination.  Garbage!  I'm sure others have a simlar, or heaven forbid, worse experiences.  My poor exhausted little brain is not so zonked it can't remember being asked to spell 'world' backwards.  Seethe.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Victoria1959, I hope things have been sorted out re the pip.....any update?
  • Posted

My mum too got declined. I appealed on her behalf, we went for a hearing which included a doctor and a judge. They took one look at mum plus her medication and we won plus back pay. Don't give up. Fight it. I appreciate they have to be careful as some people get it when they do not need it, but seriously, my mum cannot walk more that 5 metres without having to sit down. She is on morphine too. Good luck and fight it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.