Personal Independence Payment

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I have been on DLA for a number of years and three weeks ago received a letter to stay the DLA would stop and I needed to re-apply for PIP I did this by making an initial telephone call the the DWP and had an interview over the phone this took 15mins, they then said they would send the forms out to me, three weeks later they have not arrived, I rang all day and eventually got through to be told they were sent on 20 March, however they are re - issuing the forms today but I have to wait another two weeks but they expect the forms back by 3rd May, 2018  Has anyone else had problems with this the lady I spoke to was not very nice to me very abrupt, really puts you off.  

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue,

As soon as you have those forms if you don't have enough of time to fill them in and return them then you can ring DWP and ask for extra time. They will give you a further 14 days to return them. As long as they are return by that date then your DLA will continue until a decision has been made on the PIP.

Please make sure that you send all of your evidence with the PIP form because they very rarely contact anyone for evidence. Expect a face 2 face assessment too, as most have these. It's rare to have a paper based assessment for PIP. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Sue,

You can expect anything from the DWP, they lie all the time. If you have a "f-2-f" assessment, never expect it to be the same in the report. The DWP always has the final say.

I have seen it many times over the years. I am still on DLA, still waiting for the time to change over to PIP, but at this rate, it will be around 2020+ if I'm lucky.

But I am ready for anything they try and pull on me - my disorder over the past year has become even worse, I cannot apply for any more on DLA, I am high rates for both components. 

If I were you I would phone them once you receive the forms, and ask them to extend the period for you to return them due to the time constraint that they have caused in the first place.

Just an idea!!

Regards,

• Posted

Hi Steve, long time no see. Hope you're well?

I agree that there are lots of lies told when they write the report but i wouldn't agree that they lie all the time. Believe it or not there are people that have their reports and they are very truthful. The problem is, is that we don't hear of them. The only things we read on the internet are bad things. If someone has a decision they're happy with, we don't hear about it because they have no questions to ask.

I've never had a bad report for PIP or ESA. My daughters PIP report was also very truthful apart from 1 descriptor where she lost points and what was said contradicted the points she scored. Other than that it was fine. I didn't challenge the decision because she was awarded enhanced for both parts anyway.

When they do eventually ask you to apply please make sure you send all your evidence with the form. Its rare for them to contact anyone, regardless of what it states on any letter.

• Posted

Thanks Steve, I am beginning to realise what at ordeal this is proving to be, I have been on DLA for over 15 years and then this letter came out of the blue that the DLA was finishing and I now had to re-apply but I am going to log everything photocopy everything and send everything Registered Post, I also have assistance from CAB who have been really good to me, also joined Benefits and Work which have loads of really useful information, I am going to be honest and tell the truth as I have done with previous medicals over the past 20 years when your an OAP you do not need to be put through this cat and mouse ordeal.  Thanks for answering 
  • Posted

If the forms are late getting to you I would ask for an extension for the time they are due back to you.

If you do this ask for extension date in writing.

They gave me extension and when I asked for it in writing they gave it to me no problem.

When you send the form back to them ask for proof of posting and take a photocopy of everything you send them.

Good luck with it all.

Sarah

• Posted

Thanks Sarah I am going to ask for an extension, I will put it in writing and send it Registered Post, I eventually spoke to a nice guy today at PIP and he explained everything to me and gave me his name.  Thanks for the reply
    • Posted

I would advice you to ring DWP to ask for the extension rather than ask for it in writing and sending the letter. They may not respond to the request if you do it this way.  What Sarah meant was that she asked for the extended date to be given in writing and for a letter to be sent to her so she had proof if they came back and said no extension was given.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.