personal independence payments

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anybody know the percentage of claims being successful at the assessment stage where you are assessed . 

And what percentage go to a tribunal ?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm afraid i have no idea on the answer to the assessment part. I can tell you that at Mandatory reconsideration stage 80% of decisions remain the same. At Tribunal stage 65% of those who appear at their tribunal have a decision in their favour. Whilst the percentage for those who ask for a paper based decision is much lower! Hope this helps a little.

• Posted

It's a decision that's made without a face to face assessment but it's VERY rare.

• Posted

Oh right so are you saying people can ask for a decision without going for a face to face assessment ? 

I read on the form it saying that most people will have to go for a face to face assessment but sometimes a face to face assessment is not required and a decision can be made with the written evidence the claimant has put on their form is this what you mean ? 

How many decisions are made with the assessment team saying a face to face assessment is not required ?

• Posted

No you can't ask for a decision without a face 2 face. Most people have to have a face 2 face assessment. A decision can be made based on just the evidence provided, like i said (a paper based decision) BUT this is very rare! I have no idea on the answer to your last question, sorry. As i said it's rare. It's also possible to be refused without a face 2 face assessment but this is also rare. Don't know what the percentage is for that either sorry.

• Posted

You can't take it to tribunal without first asking for a mandatory reconsideration (MR)

• Posted

Hi, I would recommend going to the tribunal. I spent 6 months worrying about going to mine, but it was all over in under 30 minutes and got the decision there and then. It also gives you a chance to speak face to face with the people who are going to make the decision. Hope this helps, Dee.
  • Posted

So if 65% of claims that go to tribunals are successful why are the decision makers who firstly made the wrong decision not made accountable for as they have obviously done their job wrong they should be sacked . 

If I was to work and I made 65% mistakes in the job I was doing in sure I would be sacked 

• Posted

That 65% is for those that appear in person at their Tribunal. I have no idea on the answer to your question, sorry. Are you going through the PIP process yourself?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.