Personal Injury Claim

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello there people. I've been closely following the forum for the past couple of weeks looking at and going through the problems faced by many around the world. I believe it is the right platform for me to get some solid advice regarding how to go about the process of claiming personal injury insurance. Thankfully the accident did not turn out to be as bad as initally thought to be. But still the trauma and stress I had to go through was not healthy. I had asked a few friends but they do not seem to have a clear idea about it. One of my friends advised me to consult law firms but wouldn't it require me to spend money on it? Does anyone know of good lawyers who would help me out in this regard? Waiting for your responses. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Solicitors cost a fortune. There are some no win no fee, wary as too good to be true. Or take a large slice of cash if you do. Did it happen at work? 
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply jenny. Unfortunately, yes it happened at work. I've heard that solicitors does cost a fortune, but I do not see any other way in front me. I spoke with my uncle yesterday who lives at Vaughan. He suggested Campisi Law which is closeby and said they would offer to help me. But then, I'm still unsure. 
    • Posted

Hi Emily; I can only advise re this family's experience here in Aussie, and it proved successful......and we used "no win no pay".....and you will find that they are very good, for they will not take on the claim if they don't think that you have a case......and they "did not take a huge hunk our of it".....it took 2 years to finalise the claim, and they took $10,000 out of a $140,000 payout, so it was worthwhile for us.......so my advice is, if you think you have a good reason, and your injury is going to affect you for a long time, then do so (I am sorry that I did not do the same after a dr stuffed me up and have not been able to work in my trained profession since....but should/can only do so within 3 years of the incident/accident here).....I say GO for it...............Bron
    • Posted

Thanks a lot for the support bron. I fear the worst and believe that it would have long term ramifications. Whatever claim I receive wouldn't be able able to overcome the mental trauma I've had to go through. But still yes. 
  • Posted

Did it gointo an accident book! Depends on what's wrong, will it cause problems long term, did you see a dr? Depending on what happened to cause the accident has it been rectified. I live in England this is what we get asked. Also photo to support your claim.
    • Posted

Thanks for the response jenny. I did consult a doctor and it was then that I realized the gravity of the accident. I'm emotionallly at a very low state right now. I do not think I'm in the right frame of mind to approach for claim. I would do so in the coming days. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.