Personal subject but hemorrhoids?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone experienced bad flare ups with internal hemorrhoids since starting this perimenopausal rollercoaster?  Sorry to be so personal but is this hormone related?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marie, yes unfortunately it does seem related as I have suffered with this also. I'm having a flare up right now and it's no picnic. Yet another symptom in a list of many. To make it worse I'm taking medications that cause constipation so that only adds fuel to the fire. If you have this problem also, I would suggest a regimen of some gentle assistance such as Metamucil, MiraLax, or Colace Clear to allow more comfort. Not necessarily a laxative unless you're having more serious issues. Good luck!
    • Posted

Thanks for answering.  Yet another thing I took for granted before I started this perimenopause.  Everything just seems so much more magnified now - probably doesn't help that I panic about everything. 
  • Posted

Yes me too. It's really annoying. My mum and my maternal grandma both suffered when they were peri too. I've tried every lotion, potion and goodness knows what else, nothing works for me, mine is worse around ovulation and just before my period too. Hugs to everyone x
  • Posted

Yes i had them after pregnancy and running up to meno got them pretty bad, thankfully over the counter suppositories helped alot x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.