Pesky long long hard to diagnose linear skin lesions

Posted , 1 user is following.

I meant the title to say, " long lasting" lol I have seen 2 dermatologist and have been suffering for 3 yrs. i have been diagnosed with Graves Disease, plus deficiencies in potassium, iron, vit D and high monocytes, which is inflammation. skin lesions are flat light colored brown and I am white. It started on my scalp and spread. I have since shaved my head. The lesions are rubbery in texture or waxy. My nails are affected as well as my mucous membranes. I am not one to take any sort of medication not even Tylenol so when going to the dermatologist and them not knowing what it is and prescribing a steroid cream was disheartening. If I had to describe it it seems like there is lint or some sort of structure attached to the hair follicles. It has covered my scalp so when it hardens or is dry it is gathering my scalp skin underneath which causes the sensation of a headache. It is taking over my life and I am tired of being in my own way. ****

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.