PETER

Posted , 4 users are following.

WHAT EXPERIENCE OF TOPPS SYSTEM OR MINUTEMAN FOR LOWER BACK STENOSIS

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Neither. For my spinal foraminal stenosis at L2/L3, my neuro did a Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion (LLIF) to separate the vertebrae, open the foraminal canals and take all the pressure off the nerves. One night in the hospital, no rehab, no brace. Miracle operation.

Search YouTube for "Globus LLIF Technique" for animation of the op and then "Globus Calibur" for one of the many devices that can be inserted and expanded based on your anatomy and problem. Incredible technology. For me, there was zero pain after a few days...all gone...like the stenosis never happened (and I could barely walk).

PS: This works for foraminal stenosis. There are other stenosis causes, the fixes for which I do not know.

• Posted

Oops... The video for the expandable spacer is found by searching for "Globus Elsa Animation". You can see how the spacer can be adjusted for both height and lordosis. This is the one I got. From the side, you can see how the posterior space is larger than the anterior space to maintain the proper spine curvature (lordosis). Then they backfill the hollow space with a small bone graft from your hip to jumpstart the bone fusion.

And yes, they actually use a Allen Wrench to turn the expansion screws. That's why I gave my neurosurgeon his official Brooklyn Mafia nickname: "Tony The Wrench". His staff LOVES it!!! Hey, back in Bensonhurst, everyone had a few names...just hope all those warrants are expired by now...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.