Petr

Posted , 6 users are following.

Will it be difficult to stop taking 15mgs of Mirtazipinez. Do l need to just stop taking it or taper...if the latter how do l go about tapering?.....

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

you must taperer otherwise you are at risk of suffering withdrawal sympoms.

Its recommended at 10% per month less until weaned off.

• Posted

You didnt say how long youd been on it or that your Dr had told you to come off!!

For info, i was on 15mg (mostly) for 4 years and i tapered off over about 6-7 months. Still had slight withdrawl symptoms ( mainly insomnia) for a month or so afterwards.

Take it slow but make sure you inform your Dr.

Good Luck

• Posted

Terribly sorry.

i ve been on them for 5 years & my doctor would just leave me on them permantely. Its my decision to taper off. I have informed my doctor.

She said 10% reduction per month

• Posted

easy way to taper is to have a syringe with measurements marked down the side (like those you buy for giving medicine to pets). disolve the tablet in a measured amount of water (the same amount each time) and give yourself less and less as you gradually reduce to zero. my son disolved his 45mg tablet into 4.5ml of water. as you progress down the scale you push out more and more of the mixture before squirting the measured dose into your mouth. very easy and accurate.

• Posted

Thank you for that sound advice, Peter....l am aware of this method of tapering. This is the way l will go.....Good luck to you for a great future.....Petr. ....

• Posted

hi petr, can i ask did you have success on mirtazapine? i have been taking them for 6+ weeks. Initially at 15mg i found them goo but then increased to 30mg and have found my anxiety worse. im switching back down to 15 tonight - fingers crossed!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.