Petrified I have lymphoma

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I have had a lump under my left arm for a few months I got it checked the doctor said he wasn't worried but would get a scan to check.. It's an oval quite swuidgy lump it's not painful it moves around alot when you push it... I was not concerned about lymphoma in fact he hadn't even crossed my mind... until my blood results came back.. doctor was checking for everything due to some palpitations and tiredness.. the results cone back with neutropenia (low white cells) which has now sent me in to anxious mode because of the lump . And the fact the doctor can't work out why I would have that he's told me to just wait 2 weeks and then redo bloods.. I'm going crazy with worry as I have quite a few symptoms obviously the lump the tiredness I wake up tired it's awful.. I've had a few night sweats not alot but occasional and not drenching just a bit sweaty.. I hate this waiting game it's making me so anxious. Any one going through the same

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

I also have 3 lumps in my neck for years.Adjectives like hard,soft,tender are not that important when talking about lymph nodes.It is worrisome if they are ROCK hard or bigger than 2 cm.Your doctor should evaluate the neutropenia.

• Posted

I've been having issues with swollen lymph nodes in my head/neck area for almost a year now. I've seen my GP, dermo, ENT and an oncologist (I wanted a variety of opinions lol). Their best guess is that the acne on my face and dermatitis I get on my scalp is causing my nodes to swell. It does seem plausible bc whenever I have a breakout they swell up, and when my face is clear they disappear.

So going off that ^ I've learned that while lymph nodes always tend to be associated with cancer/serious illnesses, they actually can swell for many minor reasons too.

When I was a teenager I used to get swollen lymph nodes in my armpit, it turned out to be from shaving irritation! Your best bet is to try and relax, don't get yourself all worked up. And do NOT google bc Google is the worst, I learned that firsthand with my lymph node issues. Google said I had lymphoma basically, and I had myself all upset for months.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.. I know doctor Google is the worst x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.