PETRIFIED of herpes

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi my name is zoey, i'm 22 years old and im scared (more like petrified of herpes) About 5 months ago almost going on 6 I had unprotected sex, I have been tested for everything came back negative. But almost 6 months later a fear of mine has been herpes. I got began this fear when I got follicleitis or how ever you spell it from shaving. I have gone to the doctors/ hospital and they all have said that I was fine and there wasn't anything they can do to help me. I feel hopeless and extremley anxious I noticed one kind of hair gland ( where my pubic hair is) even though I have not even shaved due to anxiety and that just boosted my anxiety even more, I havent been sexually active since because I feel like it'll make my anxiety worse.

I feel insane and dont know what to do. Its almost like I feel symptoms when im highly anxious too

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Dont fear herpes ! It is simply the common coldsaw virus ! Your could quite easily have a cracked lip and scratch your bits and transmit herpes to your genitals ! Herpes is a stigma not a serious condition if treated !

It wont kill you, your doctor has said you are clear now go and enjoy your day and stop panicking about things you cannot control

• Edited

girl this is so weird im just getting over the EXACT same fear. if it makes you feel any better i manifested really bad leg and buttocks pain after i read that was a symptom and they completely disappeared as soon as i tested negative. if you had an igg test four months post your last sexual encounter i highly doubt you have it. it was probably just an ingrown.

• Posted

its just so scary!I have hypocondria so i never know what's real vs what's not!

• Posted

its awful. im a hypochondriac as well. you should try meditating when your anxiety flares up it works wonders for me. just google health anxiety meditation theres tons of them. also have you been tested? i did and although my anxiety isnt 100% gone the negative result really helped. if you have "pimples" or whatever that you think are herpes get them swabbed within the first two days of them appearing the results are very accurate. or if you have no sores you can get a blood test at least four months after you think you were exposed its very accurate as well!

• Posted

sorry not google search health anxiety meditation on youtube. some of them arent even very time consuming my favourite one is only eight minutes!

• Posted

lee is right. It’s simply no different then the coldsore virus . it’s not dangerous. It’s a skin condition that comes and goes.

you feel symptoms when you are anxious because you were telling your brain that you might have it. You don’t have it. Relax. Even if you had it , then what? there are millions of people that have the virus but never get the cold sore. There are people that have the virus that don’t even know it. if you want to be 100% sure you won’t get it then you better be protected. because one out of every four women have it and one out of every seven men have it so you can see how common it is. Take care

• Posted

Why are you petrified of this?? It will do no harm to you at all except MAYBE some minor blisters that literally half the population have on their mouth. You would be surprised how many people have this and never show ANY symptoms. It is just stigmatised by the media and made out to be "sooo bad." Same as having a cold sore just in a different area. Do not let it ruin your life worrying about something you clearly do not have?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.