Pets

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello friends. Hope you are all ok today. Does anyone have any pets? I have two rabbits the cutest little things. Some people may think they are only pets but they have really helped with my depression. I get up in the morning for them and my fiancé/family. They make me laugh and keep me motivated. They know when something is wrong with me because they lick my forehead. When I feel panicky and low I sit with them and they calm me down. It's the little things in life xxx

4 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I have a cat and she is my "Baby" , would love a rabbit as i had them when i was a child but Katie my cat wouldn't like it - she is number one in my household , only the 2 of us but she comes first when it comes to anything , even if i am struggling to feed myself i make sure she has the best of food likewsie she shares my food - meat , cheese , there is only myself and Katie who live here but i do have my parents nearby likewise friends who are also understanding but with Katie i can talk to her , tell her how i feel without worrying my parents and friends though i know they would listen , what are your bunnies names - they sound lovely x
    • Posted

Hi Maria your cat sounds adorable! I talk to my rabbits all the time and I could lay there with them for hours. One is very nervous but he is getting better. I have a netherland dwarf called thumper and a white and grey rabbit called digger. They are inseperable and love jumping around the garden. I worry about them as if they were children and I never feel lonely anymore when I am off work smile xx
    • Posted

I know just what you mean , at night time i always tell Katie that i love her and say nighty night to her - i do it every night even if she is alseep in another room , then when i go out i bye to her and tell her that i love her , likewise i call to her when i come home , Thumper and Digger are lovely names , i cannot remember what i called my first rabbit - was a small white and the other was all colours and called him Bigwig ( Watership Down ) he passed early 1980' - a year or so after we moved here xx
    • Posted

I do too smile I say good morning and goodnight and I miss them so much when I am at work. I think we should have called digger thumper because he's the one who does all the thumping thumper is very calm and laid back she only thumps if you try to catch her in the garden xx
  • Posted

I have a lovely wee dog called Cooper, I adore him, he seems so aware of my feelings and always snuggles beside me. He also calms me down and makes me feel a bit better xx
    • Posted

Hi Rebecca I always think that animals sense our feelings especially dogs. Pets can be more loyal than people I love my animals xx
  • Posted

I have one terrior/collie dog 14

One tabby cat 17

One ginger and beige tabby 6

They all get on well together, dog and one cat sleep near each other and ginger loves sitting on the

chair that's mine.

17yr old knows me best and knows when I am down or ill and is,always there.

My dog is my shadow.

They give. 200% love and its unconditional.

Cats only need humans cos they can not open tins .

but they live us just the same.

What type of rabbit's have you? X

• Posted

Oops love us just the same and each has its own personality... I would be lost without them.... X
    • Posted

Hi Linda you have a full house! smile my grandma had a tabby it lived to 19 it was called wally. I like what you said about cats it made me giggle. I have a netherlanddwarf and an English White rabbit with grey markings xx
    • Posted

Thomas had a fit and a stroke but now is fitter than he has ever been in his life.

17 and fully fit xx and fat xx

• Posted

I have a rescue cast who was abandoned by his previous owners.  I call him Smudge, and he means the world to me.  He snuggles in bed with me, and is always there when I need to stroke him for comfort.  I had dogs in the past to make me go out and walk them, but broke my heart when had to have them put down.  Now just me and darling Smudge.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.