PF for 4 years, now there is numbess in both feet. Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Am currently in PT & along with massage therary, which is so painful & not sure it is helping. Going to give it 6 months .

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Victoria,  I have not experienced any numbness, but muscle tightness in both feet.  Meaning sometimes I will experience that or pain in both feet.  And yes, I have had PF for a long time too. And also, know that maintaining a good healthy weight is important.  Which, I will admit I am a little overweight, but am currently working on shedding some pounds.  Just want it to go away for good.  Anyways, just got to stay positive and do whatever you can to make yourself/your feet feel better.

Take good care,  Aimee

• Posted

Staying positive is the hard part!  Just saw pics from a hiking/vacation trip from 2014 in the Canadian Rockies, it made me so sad.  Only 4 years ago I had freedom to hike, picnic, tour & live my life with travel, now it is no longer a choice for me. I will continue to search out ways to help with the pain & do PT.  Thanks for the reply, Aimee. 

• Posted

I am in the same position and I empathise with you. I am really fed up  with this . Sorry to moan.
    • Posted

You are not moaning, we have to be able to share with each other, having the same issues.  I wrote a long note below to Aimee, talking it out may help us learn new things/ideas how to handle this.  Trying to tell your friends about the pain doesn't seem to work.  You feel like you are always complaining, because it is daily pain that does not go away.  So how do you cope?  I stay strong for a while & push forward, then after so many days I have a meltdown.  Different things will set it off, but I have a good cry, and begin again.  I am believing this will not be my life forever! Thanks for listening...

• Posted

Yes, I do know that staying positive is the hard part.  But, I know that if I don't, I become very very sad.

Just got to keep plugging along and know that one of these days it will go away permanently, at least I hope so.

Take care, Victoria..

• Posted

I was just thinking that there is only so much massaging that can be done for PF.  I must be missing something, maybe? Let us just say that I have my good/bad days..

Hope your PF will get better very very soon.

Hang in there,  Victoria

• Posted

I agree, how much is massaging making a difference?  The stretches & icing definately help, yet make me sore at the same time.  Right now, I having PT along with a deep muscle massage & it is super painful.  The day after I can hardly walk, especially affecting my calf muscles.  Paying for torture is what it feels like. Trying this for a period of time, then will just do exercises on my own.  Going to make an appt. with a bone & joint doctor, maybe look at x-rays, Mri, or other scan to see if they see something specific. Is it a bone issue in my feet, is it really PF, is it coming from lower back from a pinched nerve?  They can see a tear or spur, etc.  Got to know what I am specifically dealing with & is my choice of therapy addressing it.  I have to confess I DON'T like/trust doctors & have tried to avoid them since this has been going on, but with the numbing, it makes it more important issue. It is just nice to talk to you about it, I know my husband does not understand the pain. Thanks for listening...

• Posted

Mine is very bad today with burning in both legs. I don't understand why this should be

• Posted

Burning in both legs.. does not sound good at all.  Maybe you are over doing it with something, stretches.. etc.  Need to maybe back off for one day and continue on tomorrow with something else.

Wish you well, take good care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.