ph question

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does anyone know if internal herpes lesions can cause elevated ph.  I just got diagnosed with herpes, but always thought my vaginal pain was BV.  I used elevated ph to diagnose myself.  Now I have elevated ph, but herpes outbreak.  Not sure if the herpes will elevate the ph

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm not entirely sure but I think it might be possible. I was just dianosed with Genital HSV-1 (ugh) and when I went in for the swab last week she told me I also had BV. I just finished the antibiotic for that and it cleared right up so far. I'm curious if another outbreak will trigger the BV again.
    • Posted

The bv thing is confusing

I kind of think my chronic bv has been herpes all along

My bv was atypical

No odor or discharge

Just vaginal pain

• Posted

Mine was atypical also. No odor or discharge and the doctor said she didn't see any internal sores. I would imagine that internal sores would effect ph though.
    • Posted

I had lots of exams around the bv issue

Lots of eyes on and no one ever saw anything

Right now my vagina labia and anus are on fire and still no sores

I had one little bump on my labia that was almost indistinguishable from goose flesh. I pointed it out to doc. She said it was not likely herpes but she would check nonetheless. Bam!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.