Phantom smells

Posted , 15 users are following.

Does anyone else smell smoke or is this a mind trick too.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry Karen, its a mind trick. I've smelt all sorts that haven't been there, so its got to be the hormones - haha just another thing sent to try us! XXX

• Posted

Yes, me too. Very strange so glad to know I'm not alone in this.

• Edited

Me too! Not lately, but for a long time I could smell bonfires, especially at night.
  • Posted

Yes!  I get periods of time where I smell cigarette smoke and no one in my house has ever smoked.  It can last for a week or two and then just goes away.  Then I can go for months before it occurs again.  This has been going on for the past few years.  Had ct scan of head and sinuses and all normal.  Another weird menopause thing!

• Posted

I hate it so much bcz, I hate the smell of smoke period.
  • Posted

That's funny you say that. I smelled smoke when i was getting a Rolfing session done once, which is a form of very deep tissue massage to help realign the fascia. They say your body can hold onto and store pain, emotions and memories. I told him I could smell smoke, and he was baffled. That was years ago, though long before I ever started this peri hell stuff.

It's possible that the body is just releasing things or toxins stored in it. I did alot of clubbing with my bff in my younger days, maybe that was why lol.

I have also heard that old injuries and illnesses can resurface in peri.

Write anytime, we're all in the same boat here!

• Posted

It is so weird, some days it is overwhelming. I donot smoke and I have never liked the smell. I am like why why why. Lol I dont even do bonfires.
  • Posted

I have been getting the cigarette smoke smell for a couple of years off and on and it drives me nuts! No one in my phone smokes either. I made the mistake of googling it recently and read about all kinds of scary crap. I’m thinking that if it was something awful I would of had other symptoms by now. I’m glad I’m not alone  though. Thank you all for sharing your experiencessmile
  • Posted

Ive been vetting this smell of smoke for a long time and now I am not sure I did the right by googling it. i am hating it so much. i am recently in menopause, almost a year post peri. I really want it to go away. has anything helped anyone?

• Posted

I am so happy to not be alone! The smoke comes and stays for a while and then gone for months. I thought I was losing it when it first happened.

• Edited

Hey There, Karen....

Menopause is a TSUNAMI! That being said, I smell SMOKE all the time! You are not alone; chalk it up to those PESKY HORMONES! Sadly, they wreak HAVOC on us womenfolk!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.