Pharyngitis again

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just came from er again for the 4th time this month and the doctor still pharyngitis-anyone who got recurrent pharyngitis,low grade fever body ache and swollen lymph nodes?they just give me paracetamol iv though it helps but not with my worries at night which kept me awake for many nights now_and its nearly a month now since i got the flu like symptoms.not the best time to get sick'any suggestions?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey Ralph,

So sorry to hear you're struggling with this Pharyngitis. Just hoping that things feel much better for you soon, I believe they will sometimes these things can just be so stubborn and take time to recover from. Sometimes I think it can be a secondary infection and need an antibiotic. Remember to keep taking good herbs / vitamin supplements, plenty of fluids and plenty of rest when feeling that way - really hoping things get much better soon and I believe they will Ralph, hang in there.

Craig

• Posted

hello 

i just finish the 7days antibiotic course the er doctor gave me, and so far i dont feel any progress just i notice  aside from i still feel febrile sometime but everytime i checked it its just 37 degree celsius, i now just noticed that everytime i woke up in the morning i felt exhausted my joints seems so worn out and the same time my neck and shoulders felt stiff and heavy....its been a week since i have swollen lymph...like how long before my nodes go back to normal? my throat still looks not fine but i dont fell any pain and hoarseness...im starting to be bothered again...just its been a month that im like this...any words guys?

• Posted

Hi Ralph,

Sorry to hear that the antibiotics haven't helped with the symptoms, do you have a diagnosis of mono / glandular fever as well as the pharyngitis? If so it can be quite normal for it to take a while for the lymph nodes and fatigue to settle, but don't want that to make you worry or panic because it does go away and settle.

Maybe worth taking some vitamins and herbs to help, a good strong multi vitamin per day, B complex, high doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day) and an immune boosting herb like turmeric or siberian ginseng, if not already doing that.

And of course do keep on at the doctor if still struggling....that's really important, I know how frustrating that can be to do, especially if feel like not getting anywhere.

Thinking of you and really hoping and believing things will improve soon - with God's help.

Craig

• Posted

I have everything that you've described and had the constant pharyngitis for about 9 months. No medication that I've used helped against it. I'm in my 10th month now and had a huge improvement over the last 4 weeks. I still have swollen lymph nodes, running nose, pain in the left rib cage, and sweats. Just hang in there and be patient. I'm glad that I have at least stopped constantly coughing.

• Posted

Thanks guys -i just really hope we all get better soon.
    • Posted

Hang in there Ralph and Catch the Bus....it's so hard I know but things will get better, I really believe that with God's guidance.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.