Phimosis Stretching Journey....

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 27 and after years of indecision over my phimosis I have decided to go with the Phimocure kit.

I have never been able to retract my foreskin and the opening is about 1cm. It causes some discomfort from time to time but so long as I use a condom during sex it's okay - though I do feel like the lack of exposure means its not as great as it could be.

Not being able to retract my foreskin has always impacted my confidence because I stress about the hygiene side of it and appearance so it hasn't been easy for me to confidently go about seeing women. It may sound stupid too, but I also feel it kind of makes me feel less of a man if that makes sense?!

For years I've flipped between going with circumcision - though the thought of that doesn't exactly jump with joy and other procedures too.

I've seen doctors about it before and it always feels like they are pushing me into that direction but its just not for me but at the same time, I've never felt confident about the stretching method either because it's never been of benefit before - but I may not have been doing it properly.

So now I have ordered the Phimocure kit after a lot of reading up on it and I have also read about the steroid creams too.

If anyone can recommend a cream and where to get it and how/when to use it then that would be great.

Determined to get everything working as it should down there and hopefully get rid of the mental aspects that have gotten to me about it ever since I first found out it didn't work as it should.

Tips, advice, success stories would be great!

Cheers

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Which country are you based in? You've seen doctors for it but have never asked them for the steroid creme nor have they suggested you try it? In some places you'd need a doctor's prescription for it.

In the meantime, try raw coconut oil based creme. It will be good for you (the penis skin), for the stretching & the phimocure kit, but it sure isn't the steroid creme.

And if you want to try something else for the stretching, and have the money, look into Phimostop kit, it uses a different design than most stretching kits, but it costs more. I gave it a try, but it wasn't for me (to my liking) but it might be good for others. I did find it easier to use than the other kits though.

Keep us posted on your progress.

• Posted

Many thanks for posting your details.

I used the stretching method - I had no idea what I was doing really, but I used an antiseptic cream and persisted with easy stretching it. Little by little more and more of the head / glans became exposed and after an extended period of months I was able to expose the entire head of my penis.

So, as David suggests - there is a mild steroid you can get that would be the correct thing to apply - you could alternate between the phimocure and the steroid to gain the best results ....

• Posted

Can you elaborate on "Little by little more and more of the head / glans became exposed", would like to know how much time the little by little took for each incremental phase.

• Posted

This was now some few decades ago, so the actual number of weeks and months it actually took are a dim memory now, to guess I would say somewhere around 5 to 7 months after I started applying the cream.

Best things to do are check the web site information below, in addition, the kind of steroid that would also be useful for you is betamethasone.

You would probably do quite well simply doing the stretches and perhaps using a very fine film of baby oil to lubricate the area, better still is Liquid Coconut Oil or SHEA butter, again, only apply a very small amount, and NEVER try to push any cream or oil under the foreskin that you cannot expose as this could cause a build up problem.

We are unable to post extremal web addresses on here so the do a search using the terms below - the best time to do the stretches is either during a warm shower or immediately after. Start easy, do the stretches twice a week, then every other day - then when you get fully comfortable doing them - probably around the third or 4 month of doing them, do them daily.

• Wiki How - 3 Ways to do - Phimosis Stretching
  • Edited

So the phimocure kit arrived today...was eagerly awaiting the arrival and even stubbed my toe on the way to getting it from the front door today.

I started by rubbing some 100% virgin cold pressed coconut oil around the tip of my penis, making sure there was plenty around the tight band, I also put some on the ring.

The first ring I tried was about 9mm opening, it wasn't far off going in but I just couldn't get it in there (could partly have been due to the oil making it slippery but don't think so). Tried to fold it like the leaflet says but that was a bad idea, it pinged open and I was sure made aware it wasn't properly in! minor mishap aside, I then tried the size down, 7mm opening. Didn't go in straight away but it soon got in there with the slight twist at an angle. Seemed to go in easier at the top of the penis than the bottom. At first it felt as though it wasn't in there but the more the time went on and the more the coconut oil dried, the more I noticed a stretching feeling - one part felt like it was stinging a bit so I rubbed a little more oil around that bit and it soon felt better.

Getting it out wasn't quite as easy as I thought it would be, felt a little stuck(ish), not difficult but I felt a bit anxious taking it out in case it hurt.

When the ring was in, it kind of felt like I had to pee and as if the opening a bit of cold air blowing on it - yes I am aware that sounds a bit odd!

All in all, I feel the first attempt went okay, will try again for another hour tonight before putting on the cream that came with the kit.

I could probably have forces the initial 9mm ring in but to begin with I wanted to get familiar with putting a ring in and having it there without any injuries. It looked as though it was stretching around the ring and I could feel a bit of discomfort in there so I think it was doing its job - I hope.

If anyone is going through the same or generally interested then check back as I will do updates on the progress - if any, hopefully there will be!!

Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.